|“I built that.”
This page contains information about a custom map that is not an official Team Fortress 2 map.
To see official TF2 maps, go to here.
|File name:|| |
|Release date:||March 1, 2012|
|Last updated:||December 7, 2012|
|Health Kits:||×12 • ×8 • ×3|
|Ammo Boxes:||×11 • ×12 • ×2|
Alpen is a single-stage Alpine-styled Payload map, made by Bloodhound.
The cart starts outside the BLU Base and moves past a storage structure toward a right turn in-between several wooden structures. Once turned, it will continue straight ahead towards a bridge over a small river.
- BLU Base: The BLU Base is a two floored structure with three exits: One in the center where the cart is, one on the left side, and one on the second floor on the right to the catwalks.
- Small Store Room: To the right of the tracks is a store room by a set of stairs. Inside is a medium health and ammo kit.
- Wooden Structures: On both sides of the turn are two wooden structures. The one on the left of the tracks has a small health and ammo kit and a balcony to use as a vantage point. The one on the right has a small and medium health and ammo kit, and a rooftop accessible to rocket/sticky jumpers. The roof has a small health kit and a hatch that leads inside the building.
- Wooden Tower: Across the catwalks of the right wooden structure is a small wooden tower. The tower can be used as a vantage point and has a small health and ammo kit.
- Death Cliff: Behind the wooden tower is a death pit with two logs connecting to a precarious rock. On the rock is a max health kit.
- River Bridge: The location of Checkpoint 1. On the roof of the bridge is a small health kit and underneath it underwater is a medium ammo kit.
Past the bridge the cart proceeds through a small gate where it will zigzag in-between two grain silos.
- Gate: Past the bridge is a gate with two pathways on the side. The gate has a balcony with a small health and ammo kit on top.
- RED Spawn: Behind the gate is a building with a RED team logo on a billboard. The building is used as a RED spawn/resupply. It has a front and two side exits on the bottom floor, and the same on the second floor.
- Grain Silos: The giant grain silos surrounding the second checkpoint. The rightmost silo has a catwalk with a medium health and ammo kit connecting to the gate.
- Wood Storage Structures: Past the grain silos are several structures that can be used as vantage points. In the center one is a small health and ammo kit.
From the grain silos the cart continues down a narrow path towards another right turn by a shed and lumber platform. From there it'll move uphill into a large RED team structure where the third checkpoint lays.
- Sawmill: By the checkpoint is a shortcut through a sawmill. There is a lone entrance on the bottom for each side, and on the second floor an open window to the checkpoint.
- Shack: By the turn is a small shack containing a medium health and ammo kit.
- RED Spawn: Next to the checkpoint. Has a raised exit in the front, a bottom left exit, and a catwalk right exit.
- Checkpoint Structure: The building is open from all three sides. The second floor contains a small health and ammo kit, and a stairway to the roof. The rooftop contains a max ammo and medium health kit.
Out the other side, the cart will pass underneath a large wooden structure and go by a run down train platform. Past the platform, the cart will continue forward towards it's destination: the hatch in front of RED Base.
- Wood Towers: The twin towers that tower over the track. Inside are multiple windows to fight from, and well as several different health and ammo kits.
- Train Platform: The platform has a medium ammo kit on it, and a small health kit on the roof. Through the platform it can be used as a flanking route to the RED Base.
- RED Base: The final checkpoint. The base has five different exits, all surrounding the central hatch.
- The name "Alpen" means "Alps" in German.
- Inside the BLU base in a closed off room to the right of the front door, there is a RED briefcase on top of some computers.