|“I built that.”
This page contains information about a custom map that is not an officially released Team Fortress 2 map.
All released Valve and Community-made TF2 maps can be found on the list of maps.
|“You are so small! Is funny to me!”
This article is a stub. As such, it is not complete. You can help Team Fortress Wiki by expanding it.
Notes: None added
||Tim "YM" Johnson
| Health Kits:
|| ×15 • ×19
| Ammo Boxes:
|| ×18 • ×20
They're moving in herds, they do move in herds.
— Strata promotional text
Strata is a custom Territorial Control map made by YM. The map takes place at a paleontological dig, with each final base being a fossil museum showcasing different kinds of prehistoric fossils. Some of the maps locations are also directly inspired by the Jurassic Park series, most easily noticeable with RED's final control point, as it bears a resemblance to the inside of the Visitor Center from the first Jurassic Park movie.
Overview of the map in Beta 1C status
RED base: Dinosaur skeleton display
RED's museum has a vehicle road connected to it
Two Tyrannosaurus rex skeleton models on display at RED's final point
Another view of the T. rexes
The outside of RED's museum
BLU base: Ocean fossils and Aquatic dinosaurs display
Serviced by train tracks
A hanging skeleton display of a type of plesiosaur
Shell fossils on display next to BLU's final point
The outside of BLU's museum
RED Control Point 1: Fossil tent
A tent setup where RED is delicately unearthing smaller fossils
RED Control Point 2: Radio tower
A site that starts out owned by RED
BLU Control Point 1: Paleontological station
One of BLU's paleontological stations, no digging
BLU Control Point 2: Fossil dig (no tent)
BLU's fossil site, with an ichthyosaur nearby
The simplified objective map shown at the beginning of each round
A placeholder for what will be a Stegosaurus fossil
A placeholder for what will be an ichthyosaur fossil
A Triceratops skull inside RED's spawn room at their first control point
A T. rex skull on display in RED's museum
An early alpha version of BLU's base
Alpha 11 version of RED's museum interior
BLU control point 1, alpha 15
Another view of the map in alpha 15.
An early alpha 15 version of RED's first control point, the tent
Beta 1 C released 7/30/12
- Increased cubemap density.
- Removed a further 3MB from the lightmap lump.
- Fixed a few minor collision mesh and lighting issues.
Beta 1 B released 7/29/12
- More or less finished detail work.
- Inclusion of T-Rex props by Rexy and Triceratops model by AyesDyef.
- Reduced setup time from 25 to 15 seconds.
Alpha 17 released 2/6/12
- Introduced setup time.
- More or less finished detailing middle stages.
- Inclusion of Marquee model by AyesDyef.
- Miscellaneous undocumented changes.
Alpha 15 released 10/18/11
- Decreased fog level.
- Blocked off an unnecessary secion(sic) in the swamp<->Airstrip round.
- Added dynamic resupply signs.
- Begun detailing of middle stages.
- Miscellaneous undocumented changes.
Alpha 13 released 3/28/11
Alpha 12 released 3/28/11
- Significantly reworked connecting path used in 3/5 of the possible mid rounds.
- Slightly widened most connecting routes between points.
- New cliff material and rock props courtesy of Rexy.
- Increased respawn time bonus recieved(sic) for partial caps and added a delay on
Alpha 11 released 2/27/11
- Blocked off an area two wrangled sentries can dominate from.
- Added dynamic capture point signs around each point.
- Increased capture time (capture points cap more slowly).
- Increased default respawn time.
- Increased health and ammo pickups around each point.
- Revised Blu's final point.
- Introduced more shadowing lighting.
Alpha 10 released 2/17/11
- Added hazard tape to the edges of each control point
- Increased walk time for attackers to reach the final points to give defense a better chance of setting up.
- Added an aditional(sic) side area in red's final round.
- Railings at red's final point are now non-solid to bullets.
- Fixed spawn doors not working properly on a sucessfull(sic) defense of a final round.