|“I built that.”
This page contains information about a custom map that is not an officially released Team Fortress 2 map.
All released Valve and Community-made TF2 maps can be found on the list of maps.
|Map type||King of the Hill|
|File name:|| |
|Hazards:||Pumpkin bombs, pitfall|
|Health Kits:||×8 • ×7 • ×1|
|Ammo Boxes:||×3 • ×3 • ×2|
Wubwubwub is a community-made dubstep-inspired King of the Hill map which takes place inside what appears to be an industrial building at the start of the round.
Wubwubwub is extremely visually intense - it is recommended that those sensitive to flashing lights do not play it.
When the point is captured by either team, the players are put into the humiliation pose and the first audio clip (Excision & Downlink - "Existence VIP") begins to play. The bass cannon is introduced by the audio as it rises up adjacent to the point. The bass cannon "fires" as the music starts, launching the players away from it and blasting the roof and walls of the map off, revealing a desert landscape. Various visual effects go off in time with the music, as well as the bass cannon firing again at key times.
As the next song (THE ALGORITHM - "Panic") begins to build up, the map appears to tip up on its side (90 degrees) and as the drop hits, the map launches into space, dropping its barriers and revealing the map itself to be a massive spaceship. A large amount of extremely visually intense effects go off, culminating in a neon green strobe effect appearing over the entire sky, neon green stripes all over the ground and walls, and the map creator's name appears on the wall behind the bass cannon, strobing again in neon green.
After an abrupt halt in the music and effects, the map begins its music randomizer cycle. The map selects a random build up, voice clip, and dub-step drop/song. The original release of the map has a total of 616 possible song combinations, selecting each on the fly after a brief pause. Each song has its own "map choreography" programmed for it, with the visual effects set to change with the music. A newer release (koth_wubwubwub_remix) has a total of 6144 possible combinations, plus 2 possible rare full-length songs.
This map was originally released for the 2014 April Fools Game Day and was publicly released by UEAKCrash on the TF2 Maps Forums. In April 2015, it was updated as "koth_wubwubwub_remix".
While the map is small, it contains several factors that all players should take into account.
- Resupply Rooms: Both teams' spawns are located on the opposite sides of the spaceship. Entrances are found on the right side, and in the front.
- Corridors: On both sides of the map are team-colored corridors that offer multiple paths to the control point.
- Control Point: The central control point has multiple points of interest surrounding it.
- Above: Above the control point suspended in the air are four medium health kits. Once the map enters the main space phase, players will be bounced around on the map due to the bass, making these packs possible to acquire.
- Behind: Behind the point is an interior section with several kits, as well as a ramp down to a lower corridor.
- The Bass: The central dubstep speaker. Once the control point is captured for the first time, it will rise from the ground, and activate. The closer you are to the bass when the drop hits (and at other key points in the song), the higher and farther you will be launched.
- Spaceship Exterior: The exterior is the nose of the ship and its two guns. This area becomes accessible after the control point has been captured for the first time and the map has entered outer space. If you are launched from the bass, try to land on the exterior to climb back into the main fight. On the nose is a max health and ammo kit, but be cautious about claiming them as they are dangerously close to its edge.
- Top of the Corridors: On the top of the team-colored corridors are pumpkin bombs scattered all over the top. Use extra caution if you choose to fight from there.
Control point timing
|Bass Cannon Platform||×1||
Below is a list of songs in no particular order used on the map.
- Excision & Downlink - Existence VIP
- THE ALGORITHM - Panic
- Flux Pavilion - Bass Cannon
- Skrillex - First Of The Year (Equinox)
- Skrillex - Ruffneck (FULL FLEX)
- Skrillex - Rock n Roll (Will Take You To The Mountain)
- Benny Benassi - Cinema (Skrillex remix)
- Dave Hewson & Josh Powell - A Bass Renaissance
- Dubba Jonny - A Brief Tutorial On VIP Production
- J.Rabbit and Tremourz - Sexy Party (Original Mix)
- Kelly Dean & Steady ft Kemst - Teflon (Datsik & Excision Remix)
- Wazgul - Erectin a River
- Trollphace & Twine - Dat Shoebox Doe
- Ry Legit - Sweety Man [HD]
- Rekoil - Fortress
- Alex Sin - Hocus Pocus
- Countryclubguy - River Scoot (Pocket Scout)
- Tarro - Flashpoint (Alpha Noize Remix)
- EH!DE & Sex Whales - Surrounded
- Noisestorm - Breakdown VIP
- Figure - Must Destroy
- Polyhymnia - Scout McMillan
- INAMI Dubstep Remix - Spooky Scary Skeletons (Andrew Gold)
- Joman - Daymanstep
The following changelogs are direct quotes from the creator UEAKCrash.
- Before the point is captured, the speakers are solid, despite not being there yet.