|Pickup Type:||Building & Ammo|
Never mind the bullets; how much all these coffins costin' ya?
— The Engineer
Ammo, or ammunition, is a resource that contributes to a player's weapon ammunition supply. Reloading cannot be performed without having reserve ammunition. Should the player expend all ammunition with a weapon, it will be automatically switched to another and will be unavailable for use until more ammo is obtained. Replacement ammunition can be found in the form of Ammo pickups that spawn on maps or drop from player deaths. Classes other than the Engineer may also pick up destroyed building parts for ammo. The amount of ammo in a pickup is applied to all weapons equipped, not just the one currently held. Dispensers, Carts, and Resupply lockers also provide ample supplies of ammunition.
There are several sources of ammo:
Ammo pickups come in three different sizes. Each one refills a different percentage of a player's total ammo capacity (a weapon's magazine capacity is not factored into this percentage), as well as an Engineer's Metal supply, and a Spy's Cloak charge. All spawning Ammo crates have a 10 second respawn time.
- Small Ammo Pickup: Refills a fifth (20%) of each weapon's ammo capacity.
- Medium Ammo Pickup: Refills half (50%) of each weapon's ammo capacity.
- Large Ammo Pickup: Refills all (100%) of each weapon's ammo capacity.
Each piece provides 50% of each weapon's ammo capacity and Cloak, but considerably less Metal.
- Broken Dispenser parts.
- Broken Teleporter parts.
- Broken Sentry Gun parts.
- Broken Combat Mini-Sentry Gun parts. (Does not give any Metal)
- Should a Heavy die holding a lunchbox item, the dropped ammo box will provide Health instead of ammo.
- Level 1 – 20% / sec
- Level 2 – 30% / sec
- Level 3 – 40% / sec
- Note: Enemy Dispensers will also refill Ammo and Cloak if a Spy disguises as the enemy team. Disguise has no effect on the operation of friendly Dispensers.
- Payload carts: 20% / sec
- Note: Enemy Payload carts will also refill Ammo and Cloak if an uncloaked Spy disguises as the enemy team. Disguising/Cloaking will prevent operation of friendly Payload carts.
- Resupply lockers: Refills to 100% ammo for all weapons (as well as refilling the current magazine).
- Refill Clips and Ammo canteen: Completely refills clip and ammo to maximum capacity.
- Halloween pumpkins and Christmas gifts refill half of each weapon's ammo capacity.
- Dropped weapons now replenish half of your max ammo when picked up.
- Added TF birthday replacement models for health kits and ammo packs.
- Fixed the Regen powerup preventing players from picking up ammo packs.
July 2, 2015 Patch (Gun Mettle Update)
- Pick-up dropped weapons in-game (if usable by your class)
- Players can no longer pick up weapons for ammo. Players now drop a medium ammo kit on death.
Small Ammo Pickup (Birthday mode, Pyroland)
Resupply locker (Medieval Mode)
Level 1 Dispenser
RED Payload Cart
Broken Teleporter parts
Broken Dispenser parts
Broken Sentry Gun parts