|Pickup Type:||Building & Ammo|
Ammo, or ammunition, is a resource that contributes to a player's weapon ammunition supply. Reloading cannot be performed without having reserve ammunition. Should the player expend all ammunition with a weapon, it isutomatically switched to another and becomes unavailable for use until more ammo is obtained. Replacement ammunition can be found in the form of Ammo pickups that spawn on maps or drop from player deaths. Classes other than the Engineer may also pick up destroyed building parts for ammo. The amount of ammo in a pickup is applied to all weapons equipped, not just the one currently held. Dispensers, Carts, and Resupply lockers provide unlimited ammunition while the player is near them.
There are several sources of ammo:
Ammo pickups come in three different sizes. Each one refills a different percentage of a player's total ammo capacity (a weapon's magazine capacity is not factored into this percentage), as well as an Engineer's Metal supply, and a Spy's Cloak charge. All spawning Ammo crates have a 10 second respawn time.
- Small Ammo Pickup: Refills a fifth (20%) of each weapon's ammo capacity.
- Medium Ammo Pickup: Refills half (50%) of each weapon's ammo capacity.
- Large Ammo Pickup: Refills all (100%) of each weapon's ammo capacity.
Each piece provides 50% of each weapon's ammo capacity and Cloak, but considerably less Metal.
- Broken Dispenser parts.
- Broken Teleporter parts.
- Broken Sentry Gun parts.
- Broken Combat Mini-Sentry Gun parts. (Does not give any Metal)
- Level 1 – 20% / sec
- Level 2 – 30% / sec
- Level 3 – 40% / sec
- Note: Enemy Dispensers also refill Ammo and Cloak if a Spy disguises as the enemy team. Disguise has no effect on the operation of friendly Dispensers.
- Payload carts: 20% / sec
- Note: Enemy Payload carts also refill Ammo and Cloak if an uncloaked Spy disguises as the enemy team. Disguising/Cloaking prevents operation of friendly Payload carts.
- Resupply lockers: Refills to 100% ammo for all weapons (as well as refilling the current magazine).
- Refill Clips and Ammo canteen: Completely refills clip and ammo to maximum capacity.
- Halloween pumpkins and Christmas gifts refill half of each weapon's ammo capacity.
- Player Destruction team leader refills Ammo at the same rate as a Level 1 Dispenser.
- Health & Ammo kit (Devastation only): Heals 20.5% of the user's health while refilling a 20% of each weapon's ammo capacity.
- Dropped weapons now replenish half of your max ammo when picked up.
- Added TF birthday replacement models for health kits and ammo packs.
- Fixed the Regen powerup preventing players from picking up ammo packs.
- Pick-up dropped weapons in-game (if usable by your class)
- Players can no longer pick up weapons for ammo. Players now drop a medium ammo kit on death.
- Medium ammo boxes dropped from dead players can be destroyed after 900 damage has been done to them. This damage can be dealt by players or the environment.
Resupply locker (Medieval Mode)
Level 1 Dispenser
RED Payload Cart
Broken Teleporter parts
Broken Dispenser parts
Broken Sentry Gun parts