Robots! I will break you!
— The Heavy on preparing food
The Robo-Sandvich is a promotional secondary weapon for the Heavy. It is a robotic version of the Sandvich made with a printed circuit board, multiple types of sheet metal, several loose wires, a switch and a blinking team-colored light on top. It is visually similar to the style of other Mann vs. Machine models.
This weapon functions identically to the Sandvich.
This item is awarded in Genuine quality to players who open a What's in the Sandvich Box?, obtained from purchasing the 1:1 Sandvich toy made by ThreeA Toys either at San Diego Comic-Con 2012, or during the limited Valve Store re-releases on December 7th, 2012, October 17th, 2013, and April 19th 2014.
Healing and function times
Identical to: Sandvich
|Healing and function times|
50 / 75
50% of max health
|Consumption time||4.3 s|
|Recharge time||30 s / Instantly|
|Dropped item expiry||30 s|
|Values are approximate and determined by community testing.|
- [Undocumented] The Robo-Sandvich was added to the game.
- Added The Robo-Sandvich to the list of items allowed in Medieval Mode.
- [Undocumented] Fixed an issue with the Robo-Sandvich where consuming it at full health would consume it forever.
October 20, 2017 Patch #1 (Jungle Inferno Update)
- Fixed some of the Heavy's edible secondary items not having the model update when the item is eaten.
- Fixed the charge meter not recharging for the Robo-Sandvich.
- The Sandvich's standard attributes, Eat to regain up to 300 health. and Alt-fire: Share a Sandvich with a friend (Medium Health Kit) are missing.
- If the Robo-Sandvich is the active weapon during Humiliation, it can still be thrown by using alternate fire and eaten via taunting.