|Released:||December 3, 2020 Patch|
|Developer(s):||Neal "Blade x64" Smart|
Benjamin "Badgerpig" Blåholtz
Erik "Colteh" Coltey
Liam "Diva Dan" Moffitt
Andrew "Dr. Spud" Thompson
Thijs "Evil_Knevil" Van Gerrewey
Nassim "NassimO" Sadoun
Damian "Populus" Błaszczyk
Kevin "Ravidge" Brook
Tim "SediSocks" BL
Al "Square" Rodgers
Aeon "Void" Bollig
|Environment:||Beach, Commercial, Park, Ports|
|Health Kits:||×13 • ×14 • ×1|
|Ammo Boxes:||×2 • ×17 • ×10|
Pier is a community-created, single-staged Payload map with 5 Control Points. The course starts at a base in tropical caves and progresses through coastal communities, beaches, canals, and docks to an amusement pier with BLU's target, a wooden roller coaster.
If the BLU team is able to push the cart up the roller coaster hill at the end to trigger the explosion, the sky is filled with fireworks, which use sounds from the Summer Camp Sale Noise Maker.
Pier was contributed to the Steam Workshop.
Note: If you are having trouble with finding the locations listed here, see the Helpful overview section to see their exact position marked on the map.
Checkpoint A (Spanish Quarter)
- BLU Spawn: A large spawn area with three exits. There are two corridors; one leads to two ground exits, the other is a staircase with a single exit high above the cart starting position.
- The Blu spawn also contains a secret dance room.
- Cart start: The cart starts in front of BLU's middle-lower spawn. To reach the first checkpoint, the cart has to move through open ground, pass a cliff and a beach, go through a short tunnel, go by a parked mini van, and climb up a small incline to reach checkpoint A.
- Bikini Beach: Running parallel to the cart tracks is a wide-open beach on the right side of the tracks, it spans from the Blu spawn to the buildings adjacent to the cliffs. On the beach are a medium medkit and some ammo.
- Cliff: Once the cart reaches the end of the beach, it starts passing by the cliff, a rather tall hill which is positioned on the cart's left side. On the cliff is a small medkit and it is usually the main defensive position for RED.
- Tunnel: A tunnel dug out through the cliff. The cart passes through this tunnel to find itself on the other side of the cliff.
- Caves: There is a small cave system on the right of the cliff. The caves have one entrance which is positioned on the right side of the cart tracks, right in front of the cliffs, once inside, the caves proceed to branch out into two more caves which lead into different directions. One of the caves leads to the cliff, thus giving BLU access to them while the other cave leads to the mini van parking space.
- Minivan parking space: Once the cart passes through the tunnel, it finds itself on the other side of the cliff in the "Minivan parking space". This is a large flat area with a parked minivan in the middle of it, where a small medkit can be found. From there, the cart turns to the right, climbs up a small incline, passes the stairs which lead to the cliffs from the RED side, and reaches the first checkpoint.
- BLU Forward Spawn: A small single room with a single exit, located directly behind A. BLU spawns here when B is captured.
Checkpoint B (French Quarter)
- Bridge: After it reaches the first checkpoint, the cart continues on to cross a large bridge which is above a canal.
- Red carpet building: As the cart crosses the bridge, it begins descending down a small decline. As it is climbing down, on its right side it passes a two-story building, named the "Red carpet building" due to the Red carpet on the second floor.
- Canal: Once the cart has climbed down one decline, it reaches a flat piece of land, on which it makes a sharp left turn. After it has made that turn, it begins descending yet another incline. After it has finished with climbing down the second decline, it makes yet another sharp left turn. After it has gone through all of that, the cart now finds itself on a brick pathway, calmly cruising past the canal. After some time the cart passes right under the bridge it had crossed before and continues to the end of the canal.
- Wine cellar: Once the cart reaches the end of the canal, it makes yet another 90 degree turn to the left, thus completing a circle and finding itself facing the same direction it had faced when it was crossing the bridge before. After it had made its turn, the cart starts climbing up a small incline. On its way up, it passes an entrance to a wine cellar on its right and it also goes by that same "Red carpet building" as it did before, only this time it passes it on its left side.
- Bourbon Street: After it ascends up the aforementioned the incline, the cart enters the Bourbon Street, where checkpoint B rests.
Checkpoint C (Blu Dock)
- Docks: Once it has passed checkpoint B, the cart begins cruising by the docks for a while.
- Warehouse: After it has passed the docks, the cart now enters the warehouse, a large building in which the third checkpoint lies. The warehouse is split into two parts by a large canal which runs through the middle of it. Once the cart reaches the edge of that canal, it has to stop, for the third checkpoint is on the other side of the warehouse and, in order to cross to the other side, the cart has to wait for an automated crane to transport an improvised bridge and fill in the gap separating the two parts of the warehouse.
- First RED Spawn and BLU Second Forward Spawn: A two-story spawn area with 2 exits on each floor, where one exit leads to C and the other ones to D. The progress of the cart determines what doors are locked and which team spawns. If B has not been captured by the cart, this spawn is RED-owned and all doors are usable. If C has been captured, BLU owns the spawn, but can only use the doors leading to C. If D has been captured, BLU can access the doors leading to D.
Checkpoint D (Jetty Venice Beach)
- Sandy Beaches : Once the cart reaches the third checkpoint, it exits the warehouse, makes a turn to the left, and, once again, proceeds to cruise parallel to the beach on its right side.
- Kitchen: After it has gone by the beach, the cart passes a room on its right side which resembles the look of a kitchen.
- Bridge: Once it has passed by the kitchen, the cart now crosses a small wooden bridge to reach the barn.
- Small barn: Right by side of the barn is the fourth checkpoint.
Checkpoint E (Pier Arcade)
- Building adjacent to the barn: A rather large building which is adjacent to the barn.
- Target range: On its way to the final point, the cart passes by the two buildings of target range.
- RED Spawn: A large square spawn area with two exits to E.
1.Beach 2.Caves 3.Minivan parking space 4.Cliff 5.Bridge 6.Red Carpet Building 7.Wine cellar 8.Docks 9.Warehouse 10.Kitchen 11.Sandy beach 12.Barn Bridge 13.Small barn 14.Hallway 15.Shooting range
Blue/red diagonal lines: Blu/Red first spawn Blue/red double diagonal lines:Blu/Red second spawn Blue/red double diagonal lines w/ a circle: Blu/Red third spawn
Yellow circle:First checkpoint Blue circle: Second checkpoint Pink circle: Third checkpoint Green circle: Fourth checkpoint Purple circle: Final checkpoint
- There are some spots with the entity
trigger_teleportlocated in the map. These triggers appears to active when a round ends.
- After the cart detonates on the final checkpoint, players can go out of bounds from where the cart detonated.
- At the first control point just above the tunnel where the cart comes out of you can clip out of bounds.
- It is possible to shoot projectiles at certain parts of the spawn doors.
- There is a hidden dance floor area inside BLU's first spawn, which can be accessed by jumping into the vent on the wall from the mini Payload.
- Burgers are hidden around the map, including inside the Payload cart.
- Offshore around the map are tiny islands similar to Bikini Atoll from SpongeBob SquarePants.
- The map thumbnail has a face drawn underneath it that is not normally visible.