|Release date:||December 3, 2020|
|Last updated:||January 8, 2021|
|Developer(s):||Neal "Blade x64" Smart|
Benjamin "Badgerpig" Blåholtz
Erik "Colteh" Coltey
Liam "Diva Dan" Moffitt
Andrew "Dr. Spud" Thompson
Thijs "Evil_Knevil" Van Gerrewey
Nassim "NassimO" Sadoun
Damian "Populus" Błaszczyk
Kevin "Ravidge" Brook
Tim "SediSocks" BL
Al "Square" Rodgers
Aeon "Void" Bollig
|Environment:||Beach, Commercial, Park, Ports|
|Health Kits:||×13 • ×14 • ×1|
|Ammo Boxes:||×2 • ×17 • ×10|
Pier is a community-made, single-staged Payload map with 5 Control Points. The course starts at a base in tropical caves, and progresses through coastal communities, beaches, canals, and docks to an amusement pier with BLU's target, a wooden roller coaster.
If the BLU team is able to push the cart up the roller coaster hill at the end to trigger the explosion, the sky is filled with fireworks, which use sounds from the Summer Camp Sale noisemaker.
Pier was contributed to the Steam Workshop.
Note: If you're having trouble with finding the locations listed here, you can scroll down to the Helpful overview section to see their exact position marked on the map.
- Cart start: The cart starts in front of the Blu's middle lower spawn. To reach the first checkpoint, cart will have to move through open ground, pass a cliff and a beach, go through a short tunnel, go by a parked mini van and climb up a small incline to reach checkpoint A.
- Beach: Running parallel to the cart tracks is a wide open beach on the right side of the tracks, it spans from the Blu spawn to the buildings adjacent to the cliffs. In the beach you can find a medium Healthpack and some Ammo.
- Cliff: Once the cart reaches the end of the beach it will start passing by the cliff, a rather tall hill which is positioned on the Cart's left side. On the cliff is a small heathpack and it is usually the main defensive position of the Red team.
- Tunnel: There is a tunnel dug out through the cliff. The cart passes through this tunnel to find itself on the other side of the cliff.
- Caves: There is a small cave system on the right of the cliff. The caves have one entrance which is positioned on the right side of the cart tracks, right in front of the cliffs, once inside, the caves proceeds to branch out in to two more caves which lead into different directions. One of the caves leads to the cliff thus giving the Blu team access to them while the other cave leads to the mini van parking space.
- Minivan parking space: Once the cart passes through the tunnel it will find itself on the other side of the cliff in the "Minivan parking space".This is a large flat area with a parked minivan in the middle of it, you can find a small healthpack here. From there, the cart will turn to the right, climb up a small incline, pass the stairs which lead to the cliffs from the Red side and reach the first checkpoint.
- Bridge: After it reaches the first checkpoint, the cart will continue on to cross a large bridge which is above a canal.
- Red carpet building: As the cart crosses the bridge it will begin descending down a small decline, as it is climbing down, on its right side it will pass a two story building named the "Red carpet building" duo to the beautiful Red carpet on the second floor.
- Canal: Once the cart has climbed down one decline, it will reach a flat piece of land on which it will make a sharp left turn, after it has made that turn it will begin descending yet another incline. After it has finished with climbing down that decline it will make yet another sharp left turn. After it has gone through all of that, the cart will now find it self on an brick pathway, calmly cruising past the canal, after some time the cart will pass right under the bridge it had crossed before and continue to the end of the canal.
- Wine cellar: Once the cart reaches the end of the canal, it will make yet another 90 degree turn to the left thus completing a circle and finding it self facing the same direction it had faced when it was crossing the bridge before. After it had made its turn, the cart will start climbing up a small incline. On its way up, it will pass an entrance to a wine cellar on its right and it will also go by that same "Red carpet building" as it did before, only this time it will pass it on its left side. Once the cart climbs up the incline it will reach the second checkpoint.
- Docks: Once it has passed the checkpoint B, the cart will begin cruising by the docks for a while.
- Warehouse: After it has passed the docks, the cart will now enter the warehouse, a large building in which the third checkpoint lies. The warehouse is split in two parts by a large canal which runs through the middle of it. Once the cart reaches the edge of that canal it will have to stop, for the third checkpoint is on the other side of the warehouse, in order to cross to the other side, the cart will have to wait for an automated crane to transport an improvised bridge to fill the gap separating the two parts of the warehouse so that it can cross the canal and reach the third checkpoint.
- Sandy beach: Once the cart reaches the third checkpoint, it will exit the warehouse, make a turn to the left and once again, the cart will proceed to cruise parallel to the beach on its right side, this beach is somehow even more sandier then the previous one.
- Kitchen: After it has went by the beach, the cart will pass a room on its right side which resembles the look of a kitchen.
- Bridge: Once it has left the so called kitchen in its dust, cart will now cross a small wooden bridge to reach the barn.
- Small barn: Right by side of the barn is the fourth checkpoint.
- Building adjacent to the barn: There is a rather large building which is adjacent to the barn.
- Target range: On its way to the final point, the cart will pass by the two buildings of target range.
1.Beach 2.Caves 3.Minivan parking space 4.Cliff 5.Bridge 6.Red Carpet Building 7.Wine cellar 8.Docks 9.Warehouse 10.Kitchen 11.Sandy beach 12.Barn Bridge 13.Small barn 14.Building adjacent to the Barn 15.Shooting range
Blue/red diagonal lines: Blu/Red first spawn Blue/red double diagonal lines:Blu/Red second spawn Blue/red double diagonal lines w/ a circle: Blu/Red third spawn
Yellow circle:First checkpoint Blue circle: Second checkpoint Pink circle: Third checkpoint Green circle: Fourth checkpoint Purple circle: Final checkpoint
|“Sun Tzu's got nothing on us!”
This map's Community strategy page is a stub. As such, it is not complete. You can help the Team Fortress Wiki Community Strategy Project by expanding it.
Notes: None added
- There are some spots with the entity
trigger_teleportlocated in the map. These triggers appears to active when a round ends.
- There is a hidden dance floor area inside BLU's first spawn, which can be accessed by jumping into the vent on the wall from the mini Payload.
- Burgers are hidden around the map, including inside the Payload cart.
- Offshore around the map are tiny islands similar to Bikini Atoll from SpongeBob SquarePants.
- There is a shop outside the last RED spawn towards the left called "J. Elbertson's Robotic Sideshow", a reference to YouTuber and Twitch streamer Jerma985. This sign can also be seen on the map Laughter.
- There is a shop called "Emmerich's Gun Engraving", a reference to Huey Emmerich and Revolver Ocelot from the Metal Gear series.
- There is a Black Truck that says "Newell & Sons" which is a reference to the co-founder of Valve, Gabe Newell.