|Release date:||December 3, 2020|
|Last updated:||January 8, 2021|
|Developer(s):||Neal "Blade x64" Smart|
Benjamin "Badgerpig" Blåholtz
Erik "Colteh" Coltey
Liam "Diva Dan" Moffitt
Andrew "Dr. Spud" Thompson
Thijs "Evil_Knevil" Van Gerrewey
Nassim "NassimO" Sadoun
Damian "Populus" Błaszczyk
Kevin "Ravidge" Brook
Tim "SediSocks" BL
Al "Square" Rodgers
Aeon "Void" Bollig
|Environment:||Beach, Commercial, Park, Ports|
|Health Kits:||×13 • ×14 • ×1|
|Ammo Boxes:||×2 • ×17 • ×10|
BLU has discovered that RED has purchased a shipment of fireworks for a show when the pier is completed. Taking advantage of the situation, BLU plans to escort a bomb cart to demolish a significant portion of the roller coaster using the fireworks to cover the inevitable explosion.
— Pier publicity blurb
Pier is a community-made, single-staged Payload map with 5 Control Points. The course starts at a base in tropical caves and progresses through coastal communities, beaches, canals, and docks to an amusement pier with BLU's target, a wooden roller coaster.
If the BLU team is able to push the cart up the roller coaster hill at the end to trigger the explosion, the sky is filled with fireworks, which use sounds from the Summer Camp Sale noisemaker.
Pier was contributed to the Steam Workshop.
Note: If you're having trouble with finding the locations listed here, you can scroll down to the Helpful overview section to see their exact position marked on the map.
Checkpoint A (Spanish Quarter)
- BLU Spawn: A large spawn area with three exits. There are two corridors, one will lead to two ground exits, the other is a staircase with a single exit high above the cart starting position.
- The Blu spawn also contains a secret dance room.
- Cart start: The cart starts in front of the Blu's middle-lower spawn. To reach the first checkpoint, cart will have to move through open ground, pass a cliff and a beach, go through a short tunnel, go by a parked mini van and climb up a small incline to reach checkpoint A.
- Bikini Beach: Running parallel to the cart tracks is a wide-open beach on the right side of the tracks, it spans from the Blu spawn to the buildings adjacent to the cliffs. On the beach you can find a medium Healthpack and some Ammo.
- Cliff: Once the cart reaches the end of the beach it will start passing by the cliff, a rather tall hill which is positioned on the Cart's left side. On the cliff is a small healthpack and it is usually the main defensive position of the Red team.
- Tunnel: There is a tunnel dug out through the cliff. The cart passes through this tunnel to find itself on the other side of the cliff.
- Caves: There is a small cave system on the right of the cliff. The caves have one entrance which is positioned on the right side of the cart tracks, right in front of the cliffs, once inside, the caves proceed to branch out into two more caves which lead into different directions. One of the caves leads to the cliff thus giving the Blu team access to them while the other cave leads to the mini van parking space.
- Minivan parking space: Once the cart passes through the tunnel it will find itself on the other side of the cliff in the "Minivan parking space".This is a large flat area with a parked minivan in the middle of it, you can find a small healthpack here. From there, the cart will turn to the right, climb up a small incline, pass the stairs which lead to the cliffs from the Red side, and reach the first checkpoint.
- BLU Forward Spawn: A small single room with a single exit, located directly behind A. BLU spawns here when B is captured.
Checkpoint B (French Quarter)
- Bridge: After it reaches the first checkpoint, the cart will continue on to cross a large bridge which is above a canal.
- Red carpet building: As the cart crosses the bridge it will begin descending down a small decline, as it is climbing down, on its right side it will pass a two-story building named the "Red carpet building" due to the Red carpet on the second floor.
- Canal: Once the cart has climbed down one decline, it will reach a flat piece of land on which it will make a sharp left turn, after it has made that turn it will begin descending yet another incline. After it has finished with climbing down that decline it will make yet another sharp left turn. After it has gone through all of that, the cart will now find itself on a brick pathway, calmly cruising past the canal, after some time the cart will pass right under the bridge it had crossed before and continue to the end of the canal.
- Wine cellar: Once the cart reaches the end of the canal, it will make yet another 90 degree turn to the left thus completing a circle and finding itself facing the same direction it had faced when it was crossing the bridge before. After it had made its turn, the cart will start climbing up a small incline. On its way up, it will pass an entrance to a wine cellar on its right and it will also go by that same "Red carpet building" as it did before, only this time it will pass it on its left side.
- Bourbon Street: After it ascends up the aforementioned the incline, Cart will enter the Bourbon Street, where checkpoint B rests.
Checkpoint C (Blu Dock)
- Docks: Once it has passed checkpoint B, the cart will begin cruising by the docks for a while.
- Warehouse: After it has passed the docks, the cart will now enter the warehouse, a large building in which the third checkpoint lies. The warehouse is split into two parts by a large canal which runs through the middle of it. Once the cart reaches the edge of that canal it will have to stop, for the third checkpoint is on the other side of the warehouse, and in order to cross to the other side, the cart will have to wait for an automated crane to transport an improvised bridge and fill in the gap separating the two parts of the warehouse.
- First RED Spawn and BLU Second Forward Spawn - A two-story spawn area with 2 exits on each floor, where one exit leads to C and the others to D. Depending on the progress of the cart, determines what doors will be locked and which team spawns. If B has not been captured by the cart, this spawn is RED owned and all doors are usable. If C has been captured, BLU owns the spawn, but can only use the doors leading to C. If D has been captured, BLU can access the doors leading to D.
Checkpoint D (Jetty Venice Beach)
- Sandy Beaches : Once the cart reaches the third checkpoint, it will exit the warehouse, make a turn to the left, and once again, the cart will proceed to cruise parallel to the beach on its right side, this beach is somehow even more sandier than the previous one.
- Kitchen: After it has gone by the beach, the cart will pass a room on its right side which resembles the look of a kitchen.
- Bridge: Once it has left the so called kitchen in its dust, cart will now cross a small wooden bridge to reach the barn.
- Small barn: Right by side of the barn is the fourth checkpoint.
Checkpoint E (Pier Arcade)
- Building adjacent to the barn: There is a rather large building which is adjacent to the barn.
- Target range: On its way to the final point, the cart will pass by the two buildings of target range.
- RED Spawn: A large square spawn area with two exits to E.
1.Beach 2.Caves 3.Minivan parking space 4.Cliff 5.Bridge 6.Red Carpet Building 7.Wine cellar 8.Docks 9.Warehouse 10.Kitchen 11.Sandy beach 12.Barn Bridge 13.Small barn 14.Hallway 15.Shooting range
Blue/red diagonal lines: Blu/Red first spawn Blue/red double diagonal lines:Blu/Red second spawn Blue/red double diagonal lines w/ a circle: Blu/Red third spawn
Yellow circle:First checkpoint Blue circle: Second checkpoint Pink circle: Third checkpoint Green circle: Fourth checkpoint Purple circle: Final checkpoint
- Work on Pier begins.
July 21 2011 (a1)
- Initial release for playtesting.
July 22 2011 (a2)
- Added pickups.
July 23 2011 (a3)
- Added moving bridge to third section.
- Altered final point.
July 31 2011 (b1)
- Detailed all the things
- Added cover on the fourth point, the bridge.
- Added a few more sniping positions in the town.
- Improved access to catwalks in boathouse.
- Gave Blu team a forward spawn for third and fourth points.
- Fixed looping sound from moving bridge.
- Altered final point.
July 31 2011 (b2)
- Fixed some brushwork.
- Added more particles.
- Improved clipping
- Made shooting gallery props breakable and respawnable.
August 1 2011 (b3 - Public Release)
- Improved transition of water between level and 3d skybox.
- Added a missing texture.
- Improved texturing of first area.
- Improved clipping.
August 5 2011 (b4)
- Various detail improvements.
- Reduced spawn times for both teams on final point.
- Disabled collisions for crane machinery.
- Improved optimization.
October 2 2011 (b11)
- Various detail improvements.
- Added a red spawn closer to the third point.
- Moved fourth point back.
- Widened upper pathway between cliffs and town.
- Enlarged area around second point.
- Added alternate pathway to final point.
- Moved stairs near fourth point to opposite side.
- Added alternate pathway between warehouse and pier.
- Adjusted sight lines on the fourth point.
October 2 2011 #2 (b11_fix)
- Fixed issue with cart stopping on final point.
June 8 2013 (b12)
- Various detailing improvements.
- Added rock for cover in beginning area.
- Added overpass connecting to blue apartment.
- Connected second point and red apartment bridge.
- Gave fourth point a cubby for cover.
- Added set of stairs to catwalk on final in the connecting building.
- Pushed red spawn on final back.
- Moved Blu's forward spawn during fourth point to final spawn.
June 14 2013 (b13)
- More detailing.
- The town has been infested with Ivy.
- Brightened map to be not as depressing.
- Fixed issue with Overtime and third point bridge.
- Replaced hydro shields with more appropriate barricades.
- Added rocks to beach around fourth.
- Map now has a case of Saturday night fever.
- Reverted to b12 because of "Engine error: ED_Alloc: no free edicts" for servers with high playercounts.
- It helps when the server operators tell the map maker what's causing the crash!.
June 17 2013 (b14)
- Fixed server crash.
- Adjusted bridge to give more cover to red on fourth.
- Put more ammo around first point.
Summer 2014 (b15/16)
- Reduction of edicts.
June 5 2015 (b20)
- Skipping numbers is fun
- Moved all the burgers
- Played with color correction
- A to B
- Widened bridge path
- Shut doors to blue building
- Widened canal path
- Added wine cellar flank to B
- Reversed side stairs to red house bridge was on
- Changed some pickup locations
- B to C
- Added lower dock pathway (no more jumping across!)
- Dropped path under dropdown
- Tweaked far entrance to warehouse
- Moved more pickup locations
- D to E
- Raised corner choke side because this map needs more height variation
- Swapped side of stairs next to the shooting gallery
- Moved shooting gallery, was replaced by overpowered sentry alcove
- Erected a barricade next to truck
- Added upper level to red spawn building
- Removed doorway between catwalk and connector building
- Added Pier to the game.
- Expanded hallways to BLU spawn exits.
- Players can no longer build inside RED spawn.
- Fixed rock occasionally missing a texture.
- Fixed clipping not covering some roof overhangs.
pl_pierto the list of maps for Casual matchmaking.
- Added additional exits to forward spawns.
- Added windows to RED final spawn.
- Added small platform to the first beach.
- Improved general clipping.
- Players can no longer build on the tables in RED spawn.
- There are some spots with the entity
trigger_teleportlocated in the map. These triggers appears to active when a round ends.
- After the cart detonates on the final checkpoint, players can go out of bounds from where the cart detonated.
- At the first control point just above the tunnel where the cart comes out of you can clip out of bounds.
- It is possible to shoot projectiles at certain parts of the spawndoors.
- There is a hidden dance floor area inside BLU's first spawn, which can be accessed by jumping into the vent on the wall from the mini Payload.
- Burgers are hidden around the map, including inside the Payload cart.
- Offshore around the map are tiny islands similar to Bikini Atoll from SpongeBob SquarePants.