With this item equipped in the action slot, it functions like the Spellbook Magazine; that is, the player's hand emits green flames, but with sparkles, in the Loadout view, and the player can Pickup and cast Magic spells. When a player starts or joins a round on a Halloween map that has magic spells without a spellbook equipped, a notification is displayed allowing the player to equip it or cancel the notice by the using the keys given the notification. The notification repeats until the player equips a spellbook or leaves the Halloween map.
Despite only requiring three spellbook pages to begin functioning as a spellbook, players can continue to insert more pages into the book, which increases one of the counters in the description for the respective page type added.
| Hat Out of Hell|
Get the loot from Skull Island in Hell
- The Fancy Spellbook was added to the game.
- The names of the spellpages are in Latin. They translate to the following:
- Tumidum: Swollen or distended; self-confident or presumptuous. A neuter adjective (tumidus, a, um).
- Gratanter: Gratefully or gladly; pleasantly. An adverb (= grate).
- Audere: To have a mind (to do something); to dare. An infinitive verb (audeo, ausus sum, ere).
- Congeriae: Not an actual Latin word, but is reminiscent of Congeries: A heap; collection or accumulation. A noun (congeries, ei).
- Veteris: A form of Vetus, meaning old, ancient, of times past. Another adjective (vetus, veteris).
- The publicity blurb is in direct reference to The Evil Dead, a series of horror films revolving around the Necronomicon, a spellbook described similarly.