Pile o' Gifts
Warning! A friendship has been detected!
— The Administrator on gift-giving
The Pile o' Gifts is an action item that, when used, gives a random item to up to 23 other people on the same server as the user. The Pile o' Gifts can be used once, and notifies every other player on the server of the user's generosity. This item cannot be used while it is untradeable.
The Pile o' Gifts functions just as the Secret Saxton does, but gives a gift to as many as 23 other players, instead of a single player at random.
If a server has a player limit greater than 24, a gift is given to the first 23 players that connected to the server. Similarly, if the server has a player limit less than 24, it only gives out one gift to each player. The user of the tool never receives a gift from their own Pile o' Gifts.
Items acquired through the Pile o' Gifts have the standard "Gifted From: Player Name" text under the description, as an item that had been gift wrapped would have. Any item normally found via random drop is able to be obtained through the Pile o' Gifts, making receiving a gift an effectively free drop. All gifts received are tradable and can be used in crafting.
September 30, 2010 Patch (Mann-Conomy Update)
- [Undocumented] Pile o' Gifts was added to the game.
- Gifts from Secret Saxtons and Piles o' Gifts now have a chance to grant a gift in addition to whatever item they would have granted normally.
- Added daily periodic reward hat for gifts given.
- If the Pile o' Gifts is used and a player on the server is awarded a Secret Saxton, then they receive an additional gift, granting the player two gifted items. The additional Secret Saxton does not increase the Spirit of Giving counter, the normal gift does.
- The item level is based on the maximum number of gifts given when used.
- Secret Saxton
- Gift Wrap
- Gifting Man From Gifting Land
- Pallet of Crates
- Pile of Robo Community Crate Key Gifts
- Pile of Summer Cooler Key Gifts
- Pile of End of the Line Key Gifts