Kritz or Treat Canteen
The Kritz or Treat Canteen is an action item used in the Mann vs. Machine game mode. Its functions are identical to those of the Power Up Canteen. Once filled at an Upgrade Station it is valid for up to three uses. Using the Canteens will alert your entire team via a sound cue as well as a message in the chat box.
The Kritz or Treat Canteen also doubles as a cosmetic item, showing up on your class's model, on the belt. Unlike the regular Power-Up Canteen, it only appears as "full" or "empty"; one cannot tell by looking at the model what type of charge it is filled with.
As a Medic, the 'Share Power Ups' upgrade for your Medi Gun will apply the effects of your Canteens to your current patient. This will not work if the Canteens are activated while not healing an ally.
This item can only be worn around Halloween or during a Full Moon; at other times of the year, it does not appear in gameplay, unless the server has Halloween mode enabled. However, it can be equipped at any time and can still be viewed on the loadout screen even when it is not visible during games.
- [Undocumented] Added Kritz or Treat Canteen.
- Added The Kritz or Treat Canteen to the Halloween 2014 Community Bundle.
- Players who previously purchased the bundle have automatically been granted the item.
- [Undocumented] Updated the primary counter on Strange versions from counting kills on Carnival of Carnage to Canteens used.
- The Kritz or Treat Canteen will always show them as charged on the class selection screen and 3D Character HUD.