Kritz or Treat Canteen
The Kritz or Treat Canteen is a community-created action item used in the Mann vs. Machine game mode. It is a brown paper bag labeled with a smiling jack-o'-lantern. When charged, it is filled with various generic candies and the pumpkin bears a deeper smile.
Its functions are identical to those of the Power Up Canteen. Once filled at an Upgrade Station it is valid for up to three uses. Using the Canteens alerts your entire team via a sound cue as well as a message in the chat box.
The Kritz or Treat Canteen also doubles as a cosmetic item, showing up on your class's model, on the belt. Unlike the regular Power-Up Canteen, it only appears as "full" or "empty"; one cannot tell by looking at the model what type of charge it is filled with.
As a Medic, the "Canteen Specialist" upgrade for the Medi Gun applies the effects of the Canteens to the current heal target. This does not work if the Canteens are activated while not healing an ally.
This item can only be worn around Halloween or during a Full Moon; at other times of the year, it does not appear in gameplay, unless the server has Halloween mode enabled. However, it can be equipped at any time and can still be viewed on the loadout screen even when it is not visible during games.
The Kritz or Treat Canteen was contributed to the Steam Workshop.
- [Undocumented] Added Kritz or Treat Canteen.
- Added The Kritz or Treat Canteen to the Halloween 2014 Community Bundle.
- Players who previously purchased the bundle have automatically been granted the item.
- [Undocumented] Updated the primary counter on Strange versions from counting kills on Carnival of Carnage to Canteens used.
- The Kritz or Treat Canteen always appears as charged on the class selection screen and 3D Character HUD.