Spells, spells everywhere!
— Redmond Mann witnessing enchanted taunts
The Unusualifier is a tool item that can be applied to a specific taunt. It is represented by an upside-down top hat emitting a dark-red magical aura, with a magic wand leaning on the left side of it and stars springing out of it.
Using this tool on its specified taunt gives the taunt a random Unusual effect.
October 21, 2016 Patch (Scream Fortress 2016)
- Added a taunt Unusualifier.
- A new tool that will Unusualify a specific taunt with a random Unusual effect when the tool is applied to the taunt.
- Can be found as a random bonus item when opening a Creepy Crawly Case.
- Taunt Unusualifiers apply non-Halloween Unusual effects now that Halloween has ended.
October 20, 2017 Patch (Jungle Inferno Update)
- [Undocumented] Unusualifiers added to the Case Global Bonus Items list.
- Updated the Taunt Unusualifier to draw from a pool of previous years' Halloween Unusual effects during the Scream Fortress IX event.
- Updated the Taunt Unusualifier 'Inspect' screen to display the unusual effects it will roll against when used.
- Added Taunt: The Table Tantrum to the list of items for the Unusualifier.
- Fixed not being able to use Taunt: The Table Tantrum Unusualifier on Taunt: The Boiling Point.
- [Undocumented] Added Taunt: Doctor's Defibrillators, Taunt: Shooter's Stakeout, and Taunt: The Hot Wheeler to the list of items for the Unusualifier.