The Battery Canteens are an action item used in the Mann vs. Machine game mode. Its functions are identical to those of the Power Up Canteen. Once filled at an Upgrade Station it is valid for up to three uses. Using the Canteens alerts the entire team via a sound cue as well as a message in the chat box.
The Battery Canteens also double as a cosmetic item, showing up on a class's model, on the belt. Unlike the regular Power-Up Canteen, it only appears as "full" or "empty"; one cannot tell by looking at the model what type of charge that it is currently filled with.
A Medic with the "Canteen Specialist" upgrade for their Medi Gun applies the effects of their Canteens to the current patient. This does not work if the Canteens are activated while not healing an ally.
The Battery Canteens were contributed to the Steam Workshop.
- Added Battery Canteens to the game.
- [Undocumented] Fixed the bug that made the Battery Canteens and Power Up Canteen unusable.
- Added Strange quality.
- Fixed Strange Battery Canteens not tracking stats.
- Fixed not being able to apply Strange Parts to the Battery Canteen and other Strange powerup bottles.
- While on the BLU Team, the Battery Canteens always show them as charged on the class selection screen and 3D Character HUD.