The Spellbook Magazine is a default action item for all classes. This item was originally obtained by logging on to Team Fortress 2 anytime during the Scream Fortress 2013 or Scream Fortress 2014 Halloween events.
When equipped, this item allows the player to find and cast Magic spells. If it is not equipped, a notification will be displayed allowing you to equip it by pressing or cancel by pressing . The notification will continue to be displayed until you equip it, as long as you are on Helltower or any other map that uses magic spells.
- The Spellbook Magazine was added to the game.
- Made the Spellbook Magazine a base action slot item for players to equip and use when playing on a server that uses Halloween Spells
- [Undocumented] Updated the description of the Spellbook Magazine.
- The backpack icon for the Spellbook Magazine is a screenshot of its model. The texture is also present in the game files.
- Inside the folded tip, the Teufort Reader Page from the Spectral Halloween Special can be seen, however, formatted differently. The part of the page that can be seen is the end of the "Magician's Familiar for Sale" article.
- A part of the "The Wizardcon MCLVI" article can also be seen in the back of the model.