From Team Fortress Wiki
|Map Type:||King of the Hill|
|File name:|| |
|Developer(s):||Sean "Heyo" Cutino|
|Hazards:||Pumpkin bombs, Ghost|
|Health Kits:||×4 • ×4|
Harvest Event is a King of the Hill map. It was released with the Haunted Halloween Special Update as an official community-developed map due to its outstanding quality. This is a Halloween-themed version of the Harvest. It includes many gameplay elements that are unique to the map.
In this version, health packs are instead replaced with chocolate bars and candy tins. Pumpkin bombs are scattered strategically throughout the map and explode when shot, damaging and possibly killing players (regardless of team) in close proximity. Killed players will randomly drop a Crit-boosting Halloween pumpkin full of candy. The ghost of Zepheniah Mann wanders around the map, haunting any players who venture too close.
The player's goal is to capture the control point and seize it for a duration of 3 minutes while stopping the other team from doing the same.
- The Center Shed - At the center of the map, a bombed-out shed houses the control point. This building is open at both ends, and most of the roof is missing.
- The Farmhouses - Located directly in front of each team's spawn area, these large houses have two stories with windows and a roof overlooking the center shed.
- Side Sheds - Open at one end, these sheds contain a Medium Health Packs inside.
Control Point Timing
- Added Harvest Event to the game.
- Fixed client-side perf problem after changing levels on Harvest Event.
- There is a fully textured room underneath the capture point which appears to be where the Ghost is stored until it is triggered. It appears to contain a bench, television and set of lockers. A video of it can be seen here.