A CTF map inside a large industrial compound. It's clean and straightforward, making it easy to learn, but its well balanced layout ensures there are still a wide variety of strategic choices for teams to make, and for individual classes to shine.
Turbine is a Capture the Flag map that was released with the Pyro Update as an official map. It and Fastlane became the first community created maps to be chosen by Valve as official Team Fortress 2 maps due to their outstanding quality.
To win, the player's team must capture the opposing team's Intelligence continuously until they reach the game's capture limit (default limit is 3) while preventing the enemy from achieving the same. In competitive games, the goal is to capture the Intelligence more times than the enemy team in 30 minutes.
- Turbine Room – The main area that links RED and BLU bases. It is a large room with three turbines in the middle, and a shipping container on either side. Two staircases lead up to a balcony at each end of the room, leading to each side's vents. A small alcove on either side contains a medium Health pack.
- Intelligence rooms – A rectangular room with railings which partially border the lower area, containing the Intelligence. The rooms can be reached via three ways: from the stairs near the spawn, a drop through a hole in the ceiling from the vent system and two large entrances from the hallway that connects to the Turbine Room.
- Hallway – A section of hallway connects the Turbine Room to the Intelligence rooms. There is a raised platform along one corridor with a medium health pack, which is too high to jump on top of. However, there is a small cart next to the platform you can crouch-jump on in order to get on top.
- Resupply Area – The resupply room leads out to a hallway, one end of which leads to the Intelligence room, and the other end down to the Turbine Room. Vent access is near the top of the stairs leading to the Turbine Room, a common defensive position.
- Vents – Small vent tunnels provide passages from the Turbine Room to the resupply areas and to the Intelligence rooms via drop down access. The Vents can be broken into two sections, joining at the Resupply Area entrance. One side exits to a balcony in the Turbine Room, the other leads to the hole to the ceiling of the Intelligence room.
Overhead view of Turbine room and RED base
Billboard outside Turbine room
June 19, 2008 Patch (Pyro Update)
- Added Turbine to the game.
April 24, 2014 Patch
- Fixed collision on spawn doors
- Added prop to facilitate players jumping up to raised platform and fixed surrounding collision
- Fixed collision under stairs in mid room
- Fixed misc prop collision
- Fixed collision on signs in mid room
- Fixed the clipping in the rafters of flag rooms
- Increased performance with addition of area portals
- Added decals under ammo and health packs
- Smoothed geometry in the vents
- Added nobuild around spawn doors
- Added light props over Red and Blu gate 1 doorways