| Coal Town
| Basic Information
| Map Type:
|| Mann vs. Machine
| File name:
| Map Info
|| Daylight, sunny
| Map Items
| Health Kits:
|| ×2 • ×5
| Ammo Boxes:
|| ×4 • ×8
Other mining museums may promise guided tours, “employees” and functioning bathrooms, but only Hale’s Coal Town offers the authentic
mining experience! Smell
the coal dust! See
the coal piles! Don’t touch
any of the exposed wiring!
Coal Town is a map that was released on August 15th, 2012. It is designed for the game mode, Mann vs. Machine. It was first seen in the Mann vs. Machine update announcement. The map contains 6 missions: the Normal mission Crash Course, the Intermediate missions Cave-in and Quarry, the Advanced missions Ctrl+Alt+Destruction and CPU Slaughter, and the Expert mission Cataclysm.
A Halloween-themed nighttime version of this map, Ghost Town, was added in the Spectral Halloween Special. This version of the map has a single, unique mission: the Nightmare mission Caliginous Caper.
August 15, 2012 Patch (Mann vs. Machine Update)
- Coal Town was added to the game.
September 4, 2012 Patch
- Updated Mvm_Coaltown
- Blocked bots from being blasted into the tank tunnel.
- Blocked giants from getting stuck under the stairs in the final pit.
- In the description of the “Historic Secretarial Alcove”, Bilious is mispelled Bilius.
- Preservation of a working coal mine as a museum is not unheard of -- one such mine is in Wales (Big Pit National Coal Museum).
- The town that the Pyro burns down in Meet the Pyro resembles Coal Town, possibly being a modified version of it.
The place where the bots spawn.
The wall in the “Visitor's Center” spawn with portraits of Barnabas, Bilious and Saxton Hale.
The “First Mined Piece of Coal” exhibit.
The “Secretarial Alcove” exhibit.
The “Historic Storage Closet” exhibit.
The “Panoramic View Of Coal” exhibit.