I'm feeling good about this layout.
— Phi about map layout
Sunshine is a community contributed map made by Phi. It is competitive focused, and was designed with 6v6 in mind. It features the standard 5CP layout with a mid, two seconds, and two lasts, with forward spawns for each point beyond mid owned. It is currently played in ESEA, ETF2L, and UGC. Contrary to what some believe, Sunshine is not directly inspired by any other 5CP, but does place the second point on a spire-like structure with two small chokes going to mid.
Sunshine was made an official map in the Meet Your Match Update, and a Halloween version of the map was released with the Scream Fortress 2015 update, under the name Sinshine.
Control Point 3
- Belltower: The belltower serves as the middle control point. It is accessed from the sides with openings in the front and back for fire.
- Tertiary Spawn: There is a third spawn on both sides of the belltower. The spawn becomes available upon capture of Control Point 2 or 4.
Control Point 2 & 4
- Lighthouse: Both teams have a team-colored lighthouse that serves as the second and fourth control point.
- Sniper Platform: Behind the lighthouse is a platform that can be used as a watchpoint for Snipers.
- Secondary Spawn: There is a secondary spawn by the right of the lighthouse. The spawn becomes available upon capture of Control Point 3.
Control Point 1 & 5
- Spawn: The spawnroom has two exits on the left and right. In the center is one way glass so you can see where the enemy is.
- Missile Platform: The platform holds the first and fifth control points. They're protected by the missile launcher and a wall, but is exposed on the sides.
- Corridors: The corridors to the control point have an underground alternate path.
RED second which is in a lighthouse.
RED structure between second and last.
Control point timing
| Control Point 1 and 5
| Control Point 2 and 4
| Control Point 3
This is the changelog of the map before it was added to the game.
- Blocked sightline from cafe to second
- Raised said door 8u
- Moved cover from cafe to mid in order to make standing on tetris unable to see players pushing through cafe
- Moved and raised doorways exiting cafe in order to support pushing through more
- Moved high ground next to lighthouse down by 48u, aligning it with the high exit from lobby
- Extended out high exit from lobby to make fighting easier
- Changed cover in flowers/valley in order to prevent players standing on fences, and seeing too much
- Moved barrel arrangement on shutter door side of last back 32u
- Raised fence between choke and second by 32u to block sightline
- Opened up the wall between left and right lobby
- Fixed visual glitch with one way windows in last spawn
- Simplified cubbyhole in bottom lobby
- Pushed upper side choke into last forward a bit, created new space for teams to play in – entrance is now closer to last
- Extended fence next to upper side choke to ceiling to prevent players from standing on top
- Major changes to shutter door side of last: if you enter shutter door, you can no longer be spotted from players in last and you have a safer entrance area around pack
- Moved shutter door over significantly, eliminating line of sight from shutter into last
- Shifted around geometry in shutter side lobby to better work with sightlines and encourage teams to use shutter side more
- Filled in useless area that used to connect to what used to be secret
- Edited displacements on mid to make the sightline under the church unusable
- Added planks underneath church to make sightline under church from choke to choke unusable
- Shortened openings on long sides of church to make visibility from shack more limited
- reduced file size drastically (repacking!)
- increased performance, optimization, and FPS across the map
- can't stand on wooden palette on last to see over boxes into lobby anymore
- clipping on structure behind last point refined
- aligned texture on metal beams above last
- changed all models/props_spytech/computer_wall03.mdl to *_wall04
- added one wooden palette to block slim sightline from last spawn
- moved medium ammo on low ground on last back to old spot
- refined displacements on mid
- removed two lights at flower in valley
- removed shadows on wood doors
- removed benches right outside of spawn
- clipped off a hiding spot in lobby
- extended high platform in valley towards mid slightly
- added box near high platform in valley to allow scouts to jump
- widened wooden ramp up to mid platform slightly
- expanded high ground next to lighthouse slightly
- filled in gap underneath wooden stairs next to mid forward spawn
- fixed a case where you could see the nodraw side of a brush
- extended the high ground near the staircase near choke on last by about 48 u
- fixed spectator cam on BLU last being linked to the RED last point instead of BLU
- added spectator cameras on second
- removed props in scaffolding under roof in lower lobby (above the healthkit used in rollout)
- removed tiled “brick” props on blu side near flowers and mid
- removed unnecessary brushwork on ceiling through cafe
- removed garbage props in cafe
- removed smaller arch doorway detail bits nearby pack on second and in flowers
- detailed the mid building some more – everything is blockbulleted and clipped, don't worry
- optimization pass, lots of hinting
- massive prop fade pass
- lighting changeups, less blinding whites now
rc8 (from rc7)
- removed double door
- instead, made it a single thin door
- pushed entrance point back a little bit
- eliminated sightlines to shutter
- lifted box up to protect against sightline that went over it
- added barrel on side of prop pile in order to prevent the corner sightline
- moved boxes in tile room over a slight bit to prevent sightline from spawn
- Tyler’s door, aka the small door situated at 45° off of tile room, has been moved slightly
- spawn changes
- moved resupply cabinets forward slightly
- angled doors perpendicular to the large wall on last rather than parallel
- lowered right door, staircase is now outside spawn instead of inside
- one-way windows à la snakewater
- eliminated secret
- subtly changed capzone on last
- removed computers you could stand on behind last
- fixed teleporter bugs
- extensive clipping pass and prop clippings
- extensive fps improvements, will not be perfect but it will run better than rc7
- occluders optimized
- hint brushes worked on extensively
- more prop fades
- prop optimization - removing certain poly-heavy props and various little clutter
- streamlined various roof edges
- fixed many texture bugs and lighting errors
- no more spinning lighthouse
- fixed cubemaps
- various little things
- Added new route to last, removed a route
- Hopefully made the announcer work
- Slight HDR
- 3d skybox
- Made valley less complex
- No more rocks
- Simplified bloating custom textures a little
- General fixes here and there and here and there
- More secret deer
- reworked lots of little tiny areas
- expanded lobby
- smoothed various portions of the map
- better clipping
- more optimization
- Detailed the entire map
- Rearranged various health pickups
- Added gully-like 'secret' area to last
- Expanded platform on side of last
- Changed geometry of lots of areas in general
- Tons of custom content (and deer)!
- REMADE SECOND
- tons of other little things
- Reworked a LOT of the 2nd point overall
- Changed the flank route to a more open, available route
- Shortened main choke
- Simplified other routes from 2nd to mid
- Smaller capzone on mid
- Better and more smooth clipping and routes around and under point
- Pit at second moved closer to the point
- Underground route straightened out a bit
- Platform at last extended out a bit
- Spawntimes changed slightly
- More deer
- Various other little things
- General optimization
- changed mid entirely
- more OoB architecture
- changed lobby a bit
- added paths and ramps to previously inaccessible places
- tons of little other things
- detail sprites and alpha painting
- a little tighter choke between mid and 2nd
- a little brighter indoor areas
- marked capzones
- various little things
July 7, 2016 Patch #1 (Meet Your Match Update)
- Sunshine was added to the game.
August 16, 2016 Patch
cp_sunshine to fix some clipping issues.
October 12, 2016 Patch
- Blockbulleted spiral staircase on the back of second.
- Added medium ammo to mid near choke.
- Removed clipping over wooden arch going into second from valley.
- Reduced the size of the wooden arch.
- Blockbulleted a few undersides of staircases on last that could catch projectiles.
- Removed a ladder on last.
October 21, 2016 Patch
- Fixed a missing material issue on
- There is a hidden message to the right side of RED spawn that says "KR♡RA you are my sunshine".