Sawmill (Capture the Flag)
From Team Fortress Wiki
|Sawmill (Capture the Flag)|
|Map Type:||Capture the Flag|
|File name:|| |
|Health Kits:||×5 • ×4|
|Ammo Boxes:||×2 • ×4|
Sawmill is a Capture the Flag map and was released with the Classless Update as an official map. Sawmill (Capture the Flag) offers an almost identical layout to its Arena and King of the Hill variations, the only major differences include addition of intelligence rooms for each team, and blocking off the shed access to each side area. The control point is replaced by a small health pack.
To win your team must capture the opposing team's intelligence continuously until you reach the game's capture limit (default limit is 3) whilst preventing the enemy from achieving the same.
- Center Shed: The center of the map is dominated by a large shed that houses multiple entries for either team. Within the center of the shed is the map's control point(boarded off and unusable in this version). Large circular saws move linear to the control point, generate large amounts of noise, and serve as deadly obstacles to players as they attempt to capture the flag, or travel thorugh the area in general. Logs are suspended above the area.
- Log Shed: On the right hand side of BLU's spawn area is a wide shed, full of timber, standing over a flooded ditch. Another mini health kit sits on a pile of planks within the shed. The far side towards RED's yard is boarded off in the CTF version.
- Intelligence room: Tucked in the basement of one of the buildings across from the spawn room, and also accessible from a caved-in portion of an adjacent building. The room is completely flooded.
- Waterfall: Located on the right hand side of RED's spawn area, a titular waterfall flows down from a gray cliff into the center of a large pool. Logs form a floating path across the pool, although the water itself is not too deep. A mini health kit can be found in the center of the logs. There is also an obvious 'hidden' path that goes behind the waterfall that can be used in case of watchful enemy eyes. In the CTF version the far entrance to the BLU yard is boarded off.
- The Cave - A cavern makes a wide loop around one side of the map behind the waterfall, and can be defended at either end.
- Rooftops - Outside each spawn room are walkways which lead to the roof of the building directly across from them. Another wooden plank connects these rooftops to the Alcoves inside The Mill.
- The Alcoves - On either side of the control point, perpendicular to the sides dominated by the blades, are two windowed ledges, with stairs leading down to the ground floor. These small 'rooms' can be defended by a determined Engineer, if he sets up a Sentry nest early.
- CTF_Sawmill was added to the game.
- Fixed CTF_Sawmill not ending the map when mp_timelimit hits during the middle of a round.
- Fixed Engineer exploit.