— The Pyro while performing Hadouken
Upon taunting with any secondary weapon equipped (other than the Scorch Shot), the Pyro winds their hands back, concentrates, then releases their inner fire energy as the Hadouken. This taunt inflicts fatal fire damage to any building or enemy slow, unaware, or simply unfortunate enough to be within range. The range at which the taunt will kill is 48 Hammer Units, past which it has no effect. Its wide range of fire is capable of hitting multiple targets at once. As a fire attack, any enemy that survives the Hadouken will be ignited.
A Hadouken kill will completely fill the Pyro's "Mmmph" bar if equipped with the Phlogistinator.
As with most Attack taunts, the Hadouken can be used to kill enemy players during Humiliation and Stalemates.
Damage and function times
| Damage and function times
| Point blank
| Function times
| Taunt duration
|| 3 s
| Values are approximate and determined by community testing.
Kill an enemy with a taunt.
June 19, 2008 Patch (Pyro Update)
- Hadouken taunt now kills people it hits.
August 31, 2009 Patch
- Fixed Pyro's Hadouken killing Scouts that have used Bonk! and are phasing.
- If the target dies from the afterburn of the Hadouken, it will show the Flamethrower's kill icon rather than the Hadouken's kill icon.
- If the player is in Pyroland, the Pyro's grunt as they charge the Hadouken will be replaced with laughter; this is because the voice clip used normally plays when the Pyro is taking damage.
- The Hadouken's execution is a nod to the signature move of Ryu, the main character of Capcom's Street Fighter series of games.
- Because the Hadouken is a fire-based non-melee attack, a Heavy wearing the Fists of Steel can survive it, if the Heavy is overhealed or under the effects of Dalokohs Bar.