— The Pyro while performing Hadouken
Upon taunting with any secondary weapon equipped (other than the Scorch Shot), the Pyro winds its hands back, concentrates, then releases its inner fire energy as the Hadouken. This taunt inflicts fatal fire damage to any building or enemy slow, unaware, or simply unfortunate enough to be within range. Its wide range of fire is capable of hitting multiple targets at once. As a fire attack, any enemy that survives the Hadouken will be ignited.
A Hadouken kill will completely fill the Pyro's "Mmmph" bar if equipped with the Phlogistinator.
As with most Attack taunts, the Hadouken can be used to kill enemy players during Humiliation and Stalemates.
Damage and function times
|Damage and function times
|Values are approximate and determined by community testing.
Kill an enemy with a taunt.
June 19, 2008 Patch (Pyro Update)
- Hadouken taunt now kills people it hits.
August 31, 2009 Patch
- Fixed Pyro's Hadouken killing Scouts that have used Bonk! and are phasing.
- If the target dies from the afterburn of the Hadouken, it will show the Flamethrower's kill icon rather than the Hadouken's kill icon.
- If the player is in Pyroland, the first sound the Pyro utters is one of the sounds used to indicate receiving damage, and so will be replaced with the Pyroland Equivalent, laughter.
- The Hadouken's execution is a nod to the signature move of Ryu, the main character of Capcom's Street Fighter series of games.
- Because the Hadouken is a fire-based non-melee attack, a Heavy wearing the Fists of Steel or a Spy using the Spy-cicle can survive it.