End of the Line Update
This article is for content released in the update. For the patch itself, see December 8, 2014 Patch.
The main feature of the update was the community-created video titled End of the Line. It shows how RED is attacked by BLU sending a runaway train filled with bombs towards their base.
Main article: Weapons
|Notes||† Not available for the Engineer and the Spy.|
Main article: Cosmetic items
Main article: Taunts
Main article: Action items
|A Random Duck Token Gift|
|A Random End of the Line Key Gift|
|Pile of Duck Token Gifts|
|Pile of End of the Line Key Gifts|
Main article: Tools
|End of the Line Key|
|End of the Line Community Crate†|
Main article: Unusual effects
|List of End of the Line Update Unusual effects|
|Death at Dusk||Frostbite||Molten Mallard||Morning Glory|
|Community Sparkle Unusual effects|
- The map Snowplow was made to go with the update, but it wasn't included because Valve thought it would be too complex and confusing for new players.
- In the beta testing version of the map, many objects that would 'spoil' the SFM were temporarily made into error signs.
- The map was later added in the Gun Mettle Update.
- Originally, the update was going to feature new weapons, one was added in the Love & War Update, but the others were scrapped due to not making the quality cut.
- Posters for End of the Line can be found in a few select areas on certain maps such as Lumberyard.