Pit of Death
|“You are so small! Is funny to me!”
This article is a stub. As such, it is not complete. You can help Team Fortress Wiki by expanding it.
Notes: Add images of interesting features besides the locations.
|Pit of Death|
|Map type||Player Destruction|
|Released:||October 21, 2016 Patch|
(Scream Fortress 2016)
|Hazards:||Pitfall, Pumpkin bombs|
|Stygian waters, Health drain|
|Health Kits:||×7 • ×6 • ×1|
|Ammo Boxes:||×3 • ×4 • ×3|
In this map, both teams must collect the souls of dead players and deliver them for "sacrifice" in the front yard of the Underworld's house. A team wins upon sacrificing a certain number of souls, which varies depending on the number of players currently in the server.
Every so often, the Witching Hour begins, causing magic spells to appear throughout the map and a portal to the Underworld to open above the Pit, which players must take in order to reach the delivery area and score points to win the match. A timer in the bottom center of the HUD shows how long until the next Witching Hour and its duration. The Witching Hour's beginning and end are also announced by an eerie tune; players near the Pit will feel the ground shake beneath them and might spot bats flying off from the giant skull when it starts.
The map has a symmetrical layout for each team, designed around two paths to the side that flank one central location. These paths are displayed early, with the spawn courtyard branching into two distinct paths. Both sides have equal amounts of elevation change, and the map is dominated by the titular pit in the center.
This acts as the very first location for either team. Both sides split into two distinct halves, making up the side routes the map revolves around.
- Bridge Route: A long, narrow building that lets players leave directly towards the center, off towards the broken bridge, or directly above the broken bridge route.
- Dock Route: Players follow an underpass, greeted with the option of either taking one of the hallway routes or proceeding directly into the docks.
On one side of the map lies this large warehouse-esque building, noted for its many walls, high ceiling, and varying elevations.
- The Staircases: To the immediate left or right of a player's entry lies a wooden staircase and a platform. From here, the player can either exit up towards the pit, can follow a side building back to either spawn, or can look down upon the rest of the room from their elevated position.
- Pit Access: Splitting the room in half is a smaller interior, leading directly up towards the pit.
- Basement: On the other side of the pit access is the lowest part of the room, featuring health and ammo pickups.
- Ledges: In the corners of the warehouse are two ledges, accessible only from the outside or from blast jumping. They are the highest point in the building, and are advantageous for ambushes.
Near the docks are two hills that run underneath the pit.
- Hallway: Connecting the spawns to the pit are tight hallways, complete with small health and ammo pickups.
- Rooftop: Outside of the hallways, players are able to take staircases to the hallways' roofs, placing them slightly above the pit and from a considerable distance away.
- Flatgrounds: Between the pit and the hallway roof is level ground, connecting both the ledges in the docks and the alternative flanking route.
A sneaky but perilous path, a decrepit bridge lies to the other side of the map, surrounded by a sheer drop in the form of a waterfall.
- Walkway: Directly underneath the clock tower is a walkway, lined with half-walls and a low ceiling. This spot offers great visibility, but minimal protection. Periodically, the portal to the Underworld opens over the Pit under the tower.
- Overlook Building: This building lies opposite of the walkway, featuring a ledge that looks directly out at the skull opposite of the map.
The Underworld is accessed by jumping into the portal that spawns just above the Pit. The Underworld serves as the area where players can deposit souls. There are also a few regular and one rare magic spell in the area.
Playing To Count
|Player Count||Playing To|
|“Sun Tzu's got nothing on us!”
This map's Community strategy page is a stub. As such, it is not complete. You can help the Team Fortress Wiki Community Strategy Project by expanding it.
Notes: None added
- A basketball hoop can be seen attached to one of the dead trees sticking out of the lake below the Broken Bridge.
- A regular-sized skull can be found inside the giant skull's mouth, outside of normal view.
Blu spawn morgue with an interesting addition compared to red.