Pit of Death
|“You are so small! Is funny to me!”
This article is a stub. As such, it is not complete. You can help Team Fortress Wiki by expanding it.
Notes: None added
|Pit of Death|
|Map type||Player Destruction|
|File name:|| |
|Release date:||October 21st, 2016|
|Hazards:|| Pitfall, Pumpkin bombs,|
Water in the Underworld,
Underworld damage-over-time effect
|Health Kits:||×7 • ×6 • ×1|
|Ammo Boxes:||×3 • ×4 • ×3|
The objective for the map is that both teams must kill players for souls and sacrifice souls in the Underworld's house front yard area. A team wins upon successful sacrifice ritual of a set number of souls. The amount varies depending on the number of players currently in the server.
The goal of each team is to collect souls dropped from dead players and deposit them in the Underworld house's front yard to score points for their teams. To enter the Underworld, players must drop into the portal that opens over the Pit of Death every Witching Hour. To leave the Underworld, players must die or enter into a white portal in the house's front door. Exiting by the portal causes them to return instantly to the normal dimension with a 200% overheal, a speed boost, and a crit boost for a limited time.
The non-Spy player on each team with the most souls also becomes the "Team Leader", making them dispense health and ammo to themselves and nearby teammates at the rate of a Level 1 Dispenser. The player's HUD will display a gold star () next to the current number of souls carried. The Team Leader status also gives a team-colored outline with a soul counter, which are visible through walls and can be seen by both teams. If the "Use Glow Effect for Payload Objectives" is not selected in the Advanced Options, only the numbers will be visible to the player.
Once one team scores enough points to win (the number scales based on the amount of players at the start of the round), all players are stunned and the winning team gets a crit-boost. During the humiliation, killed players turn into ghosts.
Playing To Count
|Player Count||Playing To|
- Pit of Death was added to the game.
- Fixed an exploit which allowed players to enter the enemy spawn.
- Fixed enemy players teleported to the Underworld spawning in one another.
- Fixed finale particles not being drawn from certain distances.
- Fixed certain overlays not rendering.
- Increased damage over time dealt in the Underworld.
- Added climbable props to the platforms near mid.
- Added a nobuild to the area surrounding the portal.
- Added signs in spawns to make the second door more obvious.
- Adjusted respawn times so that the losing team will respawn faster.
- Adjusted health, ammo, and spellbooks around the map.
- Changed the Underworld buff to use the Purgatory buff from Eyeaduct.
- Players killed during the finale will now turn into ghosts.
- Decreased score limit from 5 to 4 points per player.