Meet the Pyro/ja
|Meet the Pyro|
In March 2010, Robin Walker revealed in an interview with the KritzKast Podcast that Meet the Pyro will let people see the world through the Pyro's eyes.
In a blog post telling about upcoming events in the game, the TF2 team confirmed Meet the Pyro would be released sometime in 2012, and also released a shot of the video.
In an interview on Gametrailers.com's "Bonus Round" during March 2012, Erik Wolpaw announced that Valve had recently finished the production of Meet the Pyro and that it would be released "soon", along with something else.
A short clip of Meet the Pyro was teased in Valve's video "Perpetual Testing Initiative", showing the part of the video teased in the first released picture. 
On the Team Fortress website, this was posted this on June 22, 2012: "Mmmmph mmmmph, mmmmm mmmmmp mmmmmph. Mmmmmph mpm! Mmmmmph mph mm! Hm mmmmmph, hmmmmph mm mmmmmph mmmmmph!". This later was translated as Morse code into "Monday", which was the day Pyromania started. 
"Meet the Pyro"の概要
[Cut to a small room. The RED Heavy is seen almost completely in silhouette.]
[Cut to a view behind the Pyro's right shoulder. A BLU Engineer shuts a door before a BLU Scout can join him inside. The Scout pulls desperately on the handle. Cut again to the interview room. This time it is the RED Scout in silhouette.] (マスク着用での呼吸)
[Worried, he tries to detach the lavalier microphone from his shirt. He sits upright in chair, in near panic.]
[Scout continues to tug as he stands and walks toward the camera, knocking it over.]
[Cut to Pyro firing his Flame Thrower, then to a wider shot, showing an entire wooden town in flames.]
[Cut to a front view of the Pyro, zooming rapidly into the blackness of one of his eyepieces. There is the sound of the Pyro's breathing and a single white spot which zooms forward and splits into a binocular view. When these focus, it shows a psychedelic dreamscape. As 君は魔法を信じるかい? begins playing, the view from the Pyro's eyes shows colorful hills, lollipops, floating cats and quaint villages. The Pyro's flame thrower appears in his hands as an unusually-shaped brass instrument, spraying a rainbow-coloured mist over ground, causing colourful flowers to spring from the lawn in front of him. The Pyro laughs. Within this dreamscape, BLU characters appear as chubby little cherubs and sound like babies. As a BLU Heavy appears and bounces on the ground, the Pyro grabs a lollipop and cheers. The two converge seemingly happily. While the Pyro in the dreamscape shoves the lollipop in the Heavy's mouth, the scene cuts to the battle as he hits the Heavy with the Fire Axe. Then a BLU Scout appears, jumping around and finally resting on the Pyro's instrument. The Pyro blows bubbles in his face in his vision, but shoots the Scout with the Scorch Shot in the battle, knocking him back. In the dreamscape, a BLU Medic appears out of a box, and the Pyro closes the box on him. In reality, Pyro traps the BLU Medic in a shed by barring the door with his axe.]
[Pyro bathes the shed and the Medic in flames, while in the dreamscape, the Pyro continues to shoot streams of rainbow mist from his weapon. As he passes, the Balloonicorn appears, and the BLU Engineer and Spy ride it. The BLU cherubs salute and celebrate the Pyro as he leaves while in reality...]
[A BLU Soldier and Scout flee while a BLU Sniper crashes out of a second-story window to the ground. He crawls over to the ankle of a nearby person. The sound of a Dispenser being destroyed in the distance is heard.] [スカウトが叫ぶ！] Sniper: 「助けてくれ！」
[The BLU Sniper is holding the Pyro's ankle. The Pyro looks down and shoots his flame thrower. The Sniper can be heard screaming as the view zooms in on the Pyro's mask, flames reflecting off the eyepieces as the Pyro tilts his head.] [ぎょわぁァァァ！」 [Team Fortressのエンディングテーマ曲が流れる]
[Cut back to the dreamscape, where the Pyro happily walks away into the sunset. The view zooms out and passes through the burnt, gaping hole in the a stomach of a BLU Soldier. The view transitions back to reality as the Soldier clutches his smouldering innards for a moment and then falls over with a stifled groan. The Pyro continues to walk away into the sunset, whistling to Do You Believe In Magic? as the town begins to collapse from the inferno, the streets littered with charred BLU corpses. Fade to black.]
- The title card displays "COPYRIGHT LOLOLOL" on the bottom right corner, a recurring joke throughout the Meet the Team videos.
- The matchbox on the title card has a picture of the Balloonicorn on it, foreshadowing the one seen later in the video.
- To coincide with the release of the last Meet the Team video, Valve released a beta of the Source Filmmaker, the tool used to produce all the movies.
- The song played when viewing the world through the Pyro's eyes is called Do You Believe in Magic by The Lovin' Spoonful. As the Pyro is walking away from the burning town, the Pyro can be heard whistling the song.
- The music heard during the Pyro's massacre of the BLU team was added as a main menu track, called Dreams of Cruelty.
- The Pyro picks up the Lollichop in the same way he taunts with it in-game.
- The Demoman is wearing the old "dynamite stick" class emblem.
- The unicorn seen through Pyro's eyes was added to the Valve Store as an inflatable balloon under the name "Inflatable Balloonicorn", and as an in-game item.
- According to the closed captions on the official video, the RED Scout says, "He's not here, is she?" following Valve's long running joke of not revealing the Pyro's gender.
- This video was uploaded twice to the official Team Fortress 2 channel. The second version can only be accessed via Adult Swim's website.
- In the second version, the RED Spy's cigarette is unlit.
- Even though the Pyro used his Fire Axe to lock the Medic within the shed (and presumably lost it as he set the shed on fire), the same Fire Axe can be shown stuck in the Heavy's head at the end of the movie.
- Near the end of the film as the camera pulls out, an Axtinguisher can be seen, along with the normal Fire Axe, implying that Pyro was carrying two axes.
- Even though the Sniper is seen getting burned by the Pyro, his hand is severed by the Axtinguisher at 2:16.
- At about 1:06 in the video, a floating dog can be seen wearing Alyx's belt from Half-Life 2.
The Pyro using the Scorch Shot on a Scout, as seen in the video
- Exclusive Interview With Robin Walker
- http://tf2.com/post.php?id=7254 February 2, 2012 blog post
- Bonus Round - Episode 603