サーマル・スラスターは、チャージを消費して使う事のできるジェットパックで、リチャージには１５秒間かかります。また、この武器は水中でも使用が可能です。この武器のDegreaser Additionally, the Thermal Thruster is locked at a 0.8 second holster duration, even with weapons that reduce draw/holster time such as the.
On use, the Pyro performs an initial liftoff, sending it a short distance upwards. Shortly after, the Pyro will take off with a quick blast that launches the player in the direction they are aiming; the beginning of the jump also extinguishes any nearby teammates and pushes nearby enemies away. Upon landing, the Pyro will knock nearby enemies back; should the Pyro fall from a high enough altitude and land on an enemy (when the player makes a cartoony "falling" noise), the resultant stomp will deal 3x standard falling damage, much like the Mantreads. The knockback dealt on enemies is determined by how high the Pyro jumps from when the Thermal Thruster is activated. If a jetpack charge is not used, the Pyro will not cause stomp damage even if landing on an opponent.
Despite not being listed in the description, the player receives an added 30% knockback from all damage sources while this item is equipped, and takes reduced falling damage while using jetpack charges.
Using a second charge in midair is not possible unless the player buys an upgrade in Mann Vs. Machine.
The Thermal Thruster can be found through random drops. Alternatively, it can be earned by completing at least three Primary Pyroland Contract Objectives and at least one Bonus Objective; doing so grants an untradable and unmarketable Thermal Thruster as a Contract reward.
Damage and function times
|ダメージの種類||Falling (maximum of 3500 HU/s)|
|基本ダメージ||100%||10 damage + 3x potential fall damage|
|ゲージ回復||15 s x 2|
- The Thermal Thruster has a third, unused texture that replaces the color with pink, and seems to have been drawn on in blue and yellow crayon, giving it a Pyroland aesthetic.
- The Thermal Thruster has unused animations in its model. Including a "taunt_rocketpack_intro" taunt that appears to have been the begining of a moving taunt in which Pyro would hover above the ground.
- Rarely, hitting the Resupply locker while the Thermal Thruster is recharging can cause the game to crash.
- Despite what the description suggests, the Pyro can launch backwards by using a charge while moving backwards.
- Sometimes, the Thermal Thruster will not appear on other players who have it equipped.
- The Thermal Thruster is always deactivated in the Loadout menu, whether or not the animation is playing.
- When player models are enabled in the HUD, the Thermal Thruster will appear as RED, regardless of the team.
- When the player dies with the Thermal Thruster equipped, the player will still have it on their back and there will also be another one dropped that can be picked up.
- The Thermal Thruster may disappear on disguised Spies.
- Despite the 2018年4月12日 パッチ fixing an issue with the Thermal Thruster animation, if the Pyro switches weapons when falling from a high place, the Pyro will be in a reference pose until they reach the ground again.
- If the Pyro dies while the Thermal Thruster is active, it will still appear in its activated animation despite the Pyro holding a different weapon.
- This can be fixed by switching to the Thermal Thruster again.
- If the Pyro picks up a weapon while the Thermal Thruster is active, some of its attributes will still be retained, letting the player take less fall damage, and giving them the ability to stomp players by landing on them.
- If the Pyro also picks up a secondary weapon during a specific time in the Thermal Thruster launch, the Pyro will receive the parachute attribute from the B.A.S.E. Jumper, but cannot retract the parachute until the player touches the ground.
- If the Pyro enters water when using a charge, the attributes stated above will also stay until the player touches the ground.
- If the Pyro uses a charge while above water, the charge animation and the Swimming animation will play at the same time if the Pyro keeps moving.
- This can be fixed by touching the ground or stopping movement.
- This item cannot be worn with any backpack cosmetics, as they occupy the same equip region.
- The Pyro is able to voice its melee dare voice commands while using the Thermal Thruster, despite it being classified as a secondary utility weapon.
- The Thermal Thruster was featured before Day 3 of the Jungle Inferno event when it was officially announced. It can be seen at the end of the Jungle Inferno teaser and the bottom of the Day 1 page for the update.