The Filamental is a community-created cosmetic item for the Pyro. It is a paintable glowing lightbulb, complete with a filament, that replaces the Pyro's default mask. It is a robotic version of the Apparition's Aspect.
The Filamental was contributed to the Steam Workshop.
- The Filamental was added to the game.
- Fixed The Filamental displaying the burning material in DirectX8.
- [Undocumented] Added Strange quality.
- Items such as the Sight for Sore Eyes and the Professor Speks occasionally render as invisible when worn with this item.
- The item's name is a portmanteau of two words, the first being "filament" (the wire in the bulb) and the second being either "elemental" (fitting the Pyro's fire-based nature) or "mental" (which describes the Pyro's pyromania and insanity).
- The item's description references Clairol hair product's advertising slogan "Only her hairdresser knows for sure."
- The item's description references "War of the Currents",a series of events surrounding the introduction of competing electric power transmission systems（Alternating Current and Direct Current）in the late 1880s and early 1890s.