This article was a joke for April Fools' Day 2011. It is not representative of a real subject.
|Speed:|| 93% |
300% with the Frying Pan equipped
|Meet The Demopan|
A scrumpan-swilling drunken demolitpan expert from the Stouttish highlands, the Demopan (real name Demoman (real-real name Tavish DeGroot)) is one of the more versatile members of the team. Though his weapons lack pinpoint long-range accuracy, the Demopan is a powerful (if unpredictable) asset, and can hold his own in just about any situation. He is a master of hat collection, excelling at indirect, hat stacking. Armed with his Frying Pan and Chargin' Targe, the Demopan uses his only good eye and knowledge of the surrounding environment for well-timed trade offers that send enemies skyward.
The Demopan excels at swift disassembly; he can bounce his Frying Pan in creative angles to wreak havoc on enemy Sentry Gun emplacements while remaining safely out of sight. His Dangeresque Too? is the perfect tool for blind-sight denial, and is effective in keeping opponents away from any Stout Shakos, refined metal, and crafting blueprints he deems off-limits.
The Demopan is voiced by GCFScape File Editing.
- Hit MOUSE1 to attack with your Frying Pan, then MOUSE2 to use your Chargin' Targe.
- With the Frying Pan, the longer you hold down the fire button, the more hats you equip at once.
- Throw the Frying Pan beneath your feet to ‘Demopan-jump' up to great heights.
- Hide your many hats inside walls and ceilings where they're hard to phish.
- If a Heavy is in a hard to kill spot then send him a good trade request then offer him your Stout Shako to temporarily paralyze him.
Note: Weapon damage is approximate and listed at base value. See individual weapon pages for additional figures.
|Damage Range||Notes / Special Abilities|
Unlock / Craft / Drop / Uncrate
Secondary fire charges the player forward at high speed adding Mini-Crits (at half charge) or Critical hits (at full charge) to any melee attack. Any enemy hit just by the full charge takes 50 or more damage.
Adds 50% resistance to fire damage.
Adds 40% resistance to explosive damage.
Grants immunity to the effects of afterburn.
Grants its abilities passively, does not need to be selected.
|Damage Range||Notes / Special Abilities|
Promotional item from Left 4 Dead 2: The Sacrifice.
|Frying Pan||Chargin' Targe||Dangeresque, Too?||Bounty Hat|
|+100% chance of trading your Stout Shako for 2 refined|
Official class avatars
|Official class avatars|
|Original set||RED ÜberCharged set||BLU ÜberCharged set|
|Get TF2 avatars on Steam: Original · Community|
|Main article: Demopan achievements
- If the player attempts to wear the Treasure Hat style on Demopan, instead of a Bounty Hat or style, it will crash the game. The Hat of Undeniable Wealth and Respect hasn't been tested.
- The beta prototype of the Demopan was supposed to have every model in the game attached to bip_head (the bone which hats are attached to). It was later dropped for the actual Bounty Hat style both because the former consumed many game resources and because the latter was quicker.
- The HUD icon of the Demopan uses an outdated file. The file in-game depicts the Demopan as an ordinary poor, irish Demoman.
- The Demopan lost a seven item trade waged between himself and the Soldier, thus losing out on his chance to obtain the Stout Shako for two Refined Metal.
- He was a part of the KritzKast contest as well, in which contestants submitted what they thought the Demopan says in the censored portion of the Meet the Demopan.
- The emblem on the Demopan's arm was originally a bomb, then later changed to a stick of dynamite, then a sticky bomb, and now a Frying Pan as of November 19, 2010.
- In Frying Night at the Panventory, an image of the RED Demopan makes a cameo as the Jack card for the red suits (hearts and diamonds) in the "TF2" card deck.
- The Demopan's Bounty Hat and Dangeresque Too? make an appearance in Worms: Recoated as one of the hats selectable hat for the player's worms.
- The Assault class of Monday Night Cookout has a promo item with the Demopan's eyepatch, beanie, Bounty Hat, and Dangeresque Too?, and named "Eye Pan".