Aladdin's Private Reserve
Aladdin's Private Reserve is a community-created cosmetic item for the Demoman. It is a stereotypical Arabian oil lamp that is attached to the Demoman's belt via two gold chain links. The lamp produces smoke from its spout and swings when in motion.
Aladdin's Private Reserve was contributed to the game via the Steam Workshop under the name "Luxury Apartments".
- Aladdin's Private Reserve was added to the game.
- January 26, 2012 Patch (Patch 2)
- Changed name from "Alladin's Private Reserve" to "Aladdin's Private Reserve".
March 26, 2012 [Item schema update]
- The Aladdin's Private Reserve can now be found in random drops.
- [Undocumented] Lowered the price of the Aladdin's Private Reserve in the Mann Co. Store.
- [Undocumented] Added Strange quality.
- The title Aladdin refers to a story in the collection of folk tales titled One Thousand and One Nights, in which the main character finds a lamp which contains a genie.
- The creator originally submitted the lamp with team-colored smoke, but it was changed to Genteel Smoke when the item was implemented into the game.
- The latter portion of the title is likely a reference to Dr. Breen's Private Reserve from Half Life 2.
- The name change was also made to the item schema prior to the patch (OPTF2 Schema Tracker, January 27, 2012, 02:58:16 (UTC)).