|“You prancin' show ponies!”
This page would benefit from the addition of one or more videos.
Please add a suitable video, then remove this notice. The specific instructions are: "Short video or animated image demonstrating the effect"
Spectral Spectrum is a tool item which allow users to paint a cosmetic item. When applied, it will add a team-colored effect: While on RED team, the item's color shifts between shades of bright yellow, orange and deep red, pulsating in intensity. While on BLU team, the color shifts between light blue and white (regardless of the item's normal color), also pulsating in intensity. This effect will only be visible during full moons and Halloween events, remaining dormant the rest of the time.
Prior to Scream Fortress 2015, It could be found during Halloween events inside of Haunted Halloween Gifts on Ghost Fort, or from a Pile Of Curses.
October 26, 2012 Patch (Spectral Halloween Special)
- Halloween Spell: Spectral Spectrum was added to the game.
October 29, 2013 Patch (Scream Fortress 2013)
- Enabled Halloween Spell Potions.
November 11, 2013 Patch
- Halloween Spell Potions remain dormant except for full moons and Halloween events during which they'll be visible.
October 22, 2014 Patch
- Enabled Halloween Spell Potions
October 23, 2014 Patch
- Updated Halloween Spells to be tradable
December 17, 2015 Patch (Tough Break Update)
- [Undocumented] Halloween spells are no longer tradable.
- Upon death, the item's color will turn to the RED team's color effect, whether playing on the RED or BLU team.
- The backpack icon incorrectly uses the coloring overlay intended for paint cans.
- Any unused Halloween Spell items are removed at the end of a Halloween event.