| Saxton Hale (and other bosses) Health
Some weapons equipped by players on RED will be changed into their default counterparts or edited for balance issues:
- The Crit-a-Cola grants full Crits instead of Mini-crits.
- The Fan O' War removes 5% of the enemy character's rage per hit.
- The Candy Cane causes a health pack to appear on hit.
- All Pistols deal Mini-crits.
- The Shortstop's reload time penalty is removed.
- The Wrap Assassin bauble can now be thrown twice before having to recharge.
- The Baby Face's Blaster will fill and lose boost normally, but once 100 damage is dealt, boost will drain and the player will be granted Mini-crits (similar to the Soda Popper's functionality).
- All Soldier primary and secondary weapons (excluding the Dr. Grordbort's Victory Pack weapons) will perform Mini-crits against an airborne boss (the weapons Mini-crit airborne targets for up to 99999 seconds after weapon switch).
- The Direct Hit performs Crits in place of Mini-crits.
- The Reserve Shooter has a much faster weapon switch speed and a 10% damage buff.
- The Rocket Jumper is not allowed and is replaced with the default Rocket Launcher.
- The Battalion's Backup gives a +10 max health boost, but only allows overheal to 300 health. Upon being hit the meter will completely fill. When used, will block a massive amount of damage from bosses against you and anyone within your buff radius.
- The Mantreads and the Gunboats reduce fall damage by 90%. Mantreads increase rocket jump distance and deal 5x fall damage to bosses upon landing on their head.
- The Half-Zatoichi heals 35 health on hit and can overheal the player by up to 25 health. The weapon can be sheathed after a hit.
- The Flare Gun and Detonator are replaced with a "Mega-Detonator", a customized Flare Gun that behaves like a Detonator, but allows for a very large Flare Jump at the expense of greater self-damage from explosions. The flare jump will propel the user a large distance regardless of whether it is detonated via alt-fire or via the flare exploding on contact with an object.
- The Axtinguisher and Postal Pummeler behave like the normal Fire Axe.
- The Powerjack gives the Pyro 25 health on hit and can overheal the player up to 50 health.
- When a Compression Blast is used on any boss, that boss's rage meter will increase slightly. In addition, using the Compression Blast on the Vagineer while he is ÜberCharged will take extra ammo and will lengthen the time of the Vagineer's rage.
- The Backburner's Compression Blast can be charged up to push bosses greater distances.
- Using the Phlogistinator's buff will cause the player to become invulnerable but take great knock back during the taunt.
- The Third Degree will add 10% ÜberCharge to any Medics healing the player. The 10% is split among multiple Medics.
- Metal is hard to find, as only small metal boxes are available. You may also get metal from your Dispenser.
- All bosses' rage deals 1 damage to Teleporters and Dispensers, indicating whether rage was used nearby.
- The Frontier Justice deals Crits as long as the Engineer's Sentry Gun is targeting the boss.
- All Pistols deal Crits.
- The Eureka Effect may be disabled by the server and replaced with the Wrench. If it is not, the player is unable to destroy buildings while taunting (though the boss may still do so).
- Telefragging the boss will deal exactly 9001 damage.
- All Syringe Guns are replaced with a customized Syringe Gun that grants 5% Übercharge on hit and up to 10% faster movement speed based on Übercharge.
- The Crusader's Crossbow always performs Critical hits, deals 20% extra damage, and gains 10% ÜberCharge on each successful hit.
- All secondary weapons are replaced with a customized Kritzkrieg that has a 25% faster Übercharge rate.
- ÜberCharge grants both invulnerability and critical hits to both the Medic and the patient, and lasts 50% longer than a normal Übercharge.
- The Medic spawns with 40% ÜberCharge, and after each ÜberCharge, gains 30% Übercharge automatically.
- Targets who have been granted a Crit boost by the gamemode will also deal Mini-crit damage for indirect forms of damage if they are being healed.
- Healing a Scout will cause a Medic to gain the Disciplinary Action speed boost effect, causing the Medic to gain Scout speed.
- All Sniper Rifles, excluding the Sydney Sleeper, deal 2.9x more damage than normal. The Sydney Sleeper deals 2.4x more damage, but deals 2.9x extra damage when Hale's rage is more than 90%. Critical hits do not affect this damage output, only forcing the damage spread to its maximum. Mini-crits will increase the knock back dealt, but will decrease the damage dealt.
- The SMG always performs Critical hits.
- The Bazaar Bargain is not allowed and is replaced with the Sniper Rifle.
- The Sydney Sleeper will not apply Jarate to bosses.
- The Sniper Rifle causes the boss to glow (so that other players can see him through walls) for several seconds. The time added to the glow timer scales based on the charge of the shot.
- The Huntsman deals 50% extra damage.
- The Cozy Camper, along with its attributes, also gives the player a custom SMG that causes the boss to bleed for 1.5 seconds on hit, deals 15% less damage, and does not randomly Crit. It is also not granted Critical hits by the gamemode.
- The Razorback and Darwin's Danger Shield are replaced with the SMG.
- The Jarate removes 8% of the enemy character's rage, removes one arrow from the Christian Brutal Sniper if he has any, and reduces the duration of the Vagineer's uber.
- The Bushwacka will remove the damage boost given to the Sniper Rifles, but will allow the Sniper to hit a wall to 'jump' or boost upwards. The attack rate of the Bushwacka is reduced so that a player may not climb indefinitely, and each 'climb' deals around 15 damage to the player. The Bushwacka's effects are entirely disabled during Horseless Headless Horsemann Jr. rounds.
- The Hitman's Heatmaker gains Focus on hit. The amount of Focus gained varies by the charge of the shot.
- All primary weapons deal Mini-crits.
- A backstab from any melee weapon deals roughly 10% of the enemy character's max health in damage.
- Upon a successful backstab, both the Spy and the boss are alerted, and a Razorback effect is applied to the Spy, disabling attack for two seconds.
- A successful backstab with Your Eternal Reward or Wanga Prick disguises the Spy as a random teammate.
- A successful backstab with the Conniver's Kunai adds 100 health to the Spy, and overheals up to 270 health.
- The Cloak and Dagger is not allowed and is replaced with the Invisibility Watch or Enthusiast's Timepiece.
- The Dead Ringer, when activated by an attack by any boss, will cause the player to take approximately 62 damage, instead of 10% of the boss's punch damage.
- The Dead Ringer does not provide damage resistance while cloaked, but the normal Invisibility Watch does. In exchange, uncloaking with the Dead Ringer will not reduce the player's Cloak meter to 40%, while uncloaking with the Invisibility Watch will do so.
Remember however that balance specifics such as boss speed, rage taunt damage, rage taunt distance, and appearance of characters other than Saxton Hale may vary from server to server, as these specifics are adjustable via server console variables.
- Festive fixes
- Hopefully fixed targes disappearing?
- Easter and April Fool's Day are so close together this year... what could it mean...?
- (spoiler, it's a new silly boss)
- Fixed bosses disguising
- Updated action slot whitelist
- Updated sniper rifle list, Fest. Huntsman
- Medigun speed works like Quick-Fix
- Medigun+gunslinger vm fix
- CBS gets Fest. Huntsman
- Spies take more dmg while cloaked (normal watch)
- Experimental backstab block animation
- Dead Ringers have no cloak defense buff. Normal cloaks do.
- Fixed Sniper Rifle reskin behavior
- Boss has small amount of stun resistance after rage
- Fixed HHH/CBS models
- Backstab disguising smoother/less obvious
- Rage 'dings' dispenser/tele, to help locate Hale
- Improved skip panel
- Removed crits from sniper rifles, now do 2.9x damage
- Sleeper does 2.4x damage, 2.9x if Hale's rage is >90pct
- Bushwacka nerfs still apply
- Minicrit- less damage, more knockback
- Scaled sniper rifle glow time a bit better
- Fixed Dead Ringer spy death icon
- BabyFaceBlaster will fill boost normally, but will hit 100 and drain+minicrits
- Can't Eureka+destroy dispenser to insta-tele
- Phlogger invuln during the taunt
- Added !hale_resetq
- Heatmaker gains Focus on hit (varies by charge)
- Bosses get short defense buff after rage
- Cozy Camper comes with SMG - 1.5s bleed, no random crit, -15% dmg
- Valve buffed Crossbow. Balancing.
- New cvars-hale_force_team, hale_enable_eureka"
- Powerlord's Better Backstab Detection
- Backburner has charged airblast
- Skip Hale notification mixes things up
- Bosses may or may not obey Pyrovision voice rules. Or both.
Version 1.39 beta
- From chat, asks for confirmation
- From console, no confirmation!
- Help panel stops repeatedly popping up
- Medic is credited 100% of damage done during uber
- Bushwacka changes:
- Hit a wall to climb it
- Slower fire rate
- Disables crits on rifles (not Huntsman)
- Effect does not occur during HHH round
- Late December increases chances of CBS appearing
- If map changes mid-round, queue points not lost
- Fixed HHH tele (again).
- HHH tele removes Sniper Rifle glow
- Mantread stomp deals 5x damage to Hale
- Rage stun range- Vagineer increased, CBS decreased
- Balanced CBS arrows
- Minicrits will not play loud sound to all players
- Dead Ringer will not be able to activate for 2s after backstab
- Fixed crit issues
- Hale queue now accepts negative points
- For server owners:
- Translations updated
- Added hale_spec_force_boss cvar
- Now attempts to integrate tf2items config
- With SteamTools, changes game desc
- Plugin may warn if config is outdated
- Jump/tele charge defines at top of code
- For mapmakers:
- Indicate that your map has music:
- Add info_target with name 'hale_no_music'
- Third Degree hit adds uber to healers
- Knockback resistance on Hale/HHH
- Bots will use rage
- Doors only forced open on specified maps
- CBS spawns more during Winter holidays
- Deathspam for teamswitch gone
- More notice for next Hale
- Wrap Assassin has 2 ammo
- Holiday Punch slightly disorients Hale (if stunned Heavy punches Hale, removes stun)
- Mantreads increase rocketjump distance
- Fixed CBS Huntsman rate of fire
- Fixed permanent invuln Vagineer glitch
- Jarate removes some Vagineer uber time and 1 CBS arrow
- Low-end Medic assist damage now counted
- Hitting Dead Ringers does more damage (as balancing)
- Eureka Effect temporarily removed
- HHH won't get stuck in ceilings when teleporting
- Further updates pending
- The Fan O' War no longer mistakenly adds the MarkedForDeath condition.
- The music forward now fires consistently even if there's no music. Improvements.
- Fixed taunt/rage
- Fixed rage+high five
- hale_circuit_stun - Circuit Stun time (0 to disable)
- Fixed coaching bug
- Config file for map doors
- Fixed floor-Hale
- Fixed Circuit stun
- Fixed negative health bug
- hale_enabled isn't a dummy cvar anymore
- hale_special cmd fixes
- 1st-round cap enables after 1 min.
- More invalid Hale checks.
- Backstabs act like Razorbackstab (2s)
- Fixed map check error
- Wanga Prick -> Eternal Reward effect
- Jarate removes 8% of Hale's rage meter
- The Fan O' War removes 5% of the rage meter on hit
- Removed Shortstop reload penalty
- VSH_OnMusic forward added
- Fixed spawn door blocking.
- Cleaned up HUD text (health, etc).
- VSH_OnDoJump now has a bool for superduper.
- !halenoclass changed to !haleclassinfotoggle.
- Fixed invalid clients becoming Hale
- Removed teamscramble from first round.
- Vagineer noises:
- Nope for no
- Gottam/mottag (same as jump but quieter) for Move Up
- Hurr for everything else
- All map dispensers will be on the non-Hale team (fixes health bug)
- Fixed command flags on overlay command
- Fixed soldier shotgun not dealing midair minicrits.
- Fixed invalid weapons on clients
- Damage indicator (+spec damage indicator)
- Hale speed remains during humiliation time
- SuperDuperTele for HHH stuns for 4s instead of regular 2
- Battalion's Backup adds +10 max hp, but still only overheal to 300
- Full rage meter when hit by Hale. Buff causes drastic defense boost.
- Fixed a telefrag glitch
- Powerjack is now +25hp on hit, heal up to +50 overheal
- Backstab now shows the regular hit indicator (like other weapons do)
- Kunai adds 100hp on backstab, up to 270
- FaN/Scout crit knockback not nerfed to oblivion anymore
- Removed Short Circuit stun (better effect being made)
- Now FaN and Scout crit knockback is REALLY lessened.
- Medic says 'I'm charged' when he gets 100%% uber-charge with syringegun.
- Added support of VSH achievements.
- Team will scramble in 1st round, if 1st round is default arena.
- Now client can disable info about changes of classes, displayed when round started.
- Powerjack adds 50HPs per hit.
- Short Circuit stuns Hale for 2.0 seconds.
- Vagineer says "hurr"
- Map-specific fixes:
- Oilrig's pit no longer allows HHH to instatele
- Arakawa's pit damage drastically lessened
- General map fixes: disable spawn-blocking walls
- Cap point now properly un/locks instead of fake-unlocking.
- Tried fixing double-music playing.
- Fixed Eternal Reward disguise glitch - edge case.
- Help menus no longer glitch votes.
- Fixed superjump velocity code.
- Fixed replaced Rocket Jumpers not minicritting Hale in midair.
- Half-Zatoichi is now allowed. Heal 35 health on hit, but must hit Hale to remove Honorbound.
- Can add up to 25 overheal
- Starts the round bloodied.
- Fixed Hale not building rage when only Scouts remain.
- Tried fixing Hale disconnect/nextround glitches (including music).
- Candycane spawns healthpack on hit.
- Added convar hale_first_round (default 0). If it's 0, first round will be default arena.
- Added more translations.
- Fixed a queue point exploit (VoiDeD is mean)
- HHH has backstab/death sound now
- First rounds are normal arena
- Some weapon replacements still apply!
- Teambalance is still off, too.
- Fixed arena_ maps not switching teams occasionally
- After 3 rounds with a team, has a chance to switch
- Will add a cvar to keep Hale always blue/force team, soon
- Fixed pit damage
- Sounds are not .mdl anymore, they are .wav.
- Fixed minor issue about /halemusic
- Christian Brutal Sniper music.
- Soldiers Mini-Crit Hale while he's in mid-air.
- Direct Hit Crits where it would Mini-Crit.
- Reserve Shooter has faster weapons switch and +10% damage.
- Added hale_stop_music for admins to stop current music for all players.
- Force-A-Nature and Scout Crit knockback is lessened.
- Your halemusic/halevoice settings are saved.
- MEGA UPDATE!
- SUGGEST MANNO-TECH WEAPON CHANGES!
- Updated Christian Brutal Sniper model.
- Fixed last man alive sound.
- Removed broken Hale line, fixed one.
- New Horseless Headless Horsemann Jr. rage sound.
- Horseless Headless Horsemann Jr. music (/halemusic).
- Christian Brutal Sniper jump noise.
- /halevoice and /halemusic to turn off voice/music.
- Updated natives/forwards (can change rage distance in fwd).
- Change hale_crits cvar to turn off Hale random Crits.
- Fixed Sentries not repairing when raged.
- Set hale_ragesentrydamagemode to 0 to force the Engineer to pick up the Sentry to repair it.
- Now uses sourcemod autoconfig (tf/cfg/sourcemod/).
- No longer requires saxton_hale_points.cfg file.
- Now using clientprefs for queue points.
- When on a non-VSH map, team switch does not occur so often.
- Should have full replay compatibility.
- Bots work with queue, are Hale less often.
- Hale's health increased by 1 (in code).
- Many, many, many, many, many fixes.
- Crossbow: +150% damage, +10 ÜberCharge on hit.
- Syringe Gun has Overdose speed boost.
- Sniper glow time scales with charge (2 to 8 seconds).
- Eyelander/Horseless Headless Horsemann's Headtaker/Nessie's Nine Iron add heads on hit.
- Axtinguisher/Postal Pummeler use Fire Axe attributes.
- Gloves of Running Urgently/Killing Gloves of Boxing is +50% speed but -7hp/s.
- Airblasting boss adds rage (no Airblast reload, though).
- Airblasting ÜberCharged Vagineer adds time to the ÜberCharge and takes extra ammo.
- Frontier Justice allowed, Crits only when players Sentry sees Hale.
- Boss Weighdown (Look down and crouch) after 5 seconds in midair.
- Force-A-Nature is back.
- Scout Crits/Mini-Crits do less knockback if not melee.
- Saxton has his own fists.
- Unlimited /halehp but after 3, longer cooldown.
- Fist kill icons.
- Fixed Christian Brutal Sniper arrow count (start at 9, but if less than 9 players, uses only that number of players)
- Spy primary Mini-Crits.
- Dead Ringer fixed.
- Flare Gun replaced with the Detonator. Has large jump but more self-damage (like old Detonator beta).
- Your Eternal Reward backstab disguises as random faster classes.
- Conniver's Kunai adds 60 health on backstab.
- Randomizer compatibility.
- Medic ÜberCharge works as normal with Crits added (multiple targets, etc).
- Crits stay when being healed, but adds Mini-Crits too (for sentry, etc).
- Fixed Sniper back weapon replacement.
- Vagineer "NOPE" and "Well Don't That Beat All!"
- Telefrags do 9001 damage.
- Speed boost when healing Scouts (like the Quick-Fix).
- Rage builds (VERY slowly) if there are only Scouts left.
- Healing assist damage split between healers.
- Fixed backstab assist damage.
- Fixed Horseless Headless Horsemann Jr. attacking during teleport.
- Soldier boots - 1/10th fall damage.
- AND MORE! (I forget all of them.)
Versions:1.35_2 and 1.35_3
- Fixed bugs about damage, the Medic's ÜberCharge, the queue, and others.
- Added point system (/halenext).
- Added [VSH] tag to VSH messages.
- Removed native VSH_GetSaxtonHaleHealth() added native VSH_GetRoundState().
- There is Mini-Crits for the Scout's pistols. Not full Crits, like before.
- Fixed issues associated with Crits.
- Added FORCE_GENERATION flag to stop errorlogs.
- Special crits will not removed by Medic.
- Sniper's glow is working again.
- No errors in console.
- Less messages in chat.
- Added more natives.
- "Over 9000" sound returns! Thx you, FlaminSarge.
- Fixed airblast reload when VSH is disabled.
- Fixed airblast reload after detonator's alt-fire.
- Airblast reload time reduced to 3 seconds.
- hale_special 3 is disabled.
- Biohazard Christian Brutal Sniper! He's about 20% cooler!
- TF2_IsPlayerInCondition() returns! Fixed some bugs associated with this.
- Now sniper rifle must be 100perc.charged to glow Hale.
- Fixed Vagineer's model (there isn't spam on console and fire on ground).
- Added Natives.
- Hunstman deals more damage.
- Added reload time (5sec) for Pyro's airblast.
- Fixed hale_special X admin command.
- Fixed bugs, associated with Uber-update.
- FaN replaced with Soda Popper.
- Bazaar Bargain replaced with Sniper Rifle.
- Sniper Rifle adding glow to Hale - anyone can see him for 5 seconds.
- Crusader's Crossbow deals more damage.
- Plugin uses TF2_IsPlayerInCondition().
- Other code optimizing.
- Fixed bug with replay.
- Fixed bug with help menu
- added new Saxton's lines on...
*kill Scout, Pyro, Heavy, Engineer, Spy
*Last man standing
- Fixed bugged count of CBS' arrows.
- Reduced Hale's damage versus DR by 20 HPs.
- Now two specials can not be at a stretch.
Version:1.30 & 1.31
- Fixed random crashes associated with CBS.
- Now Hale's HP formula is ((760+x-1)*(x-1))^1.04
- Added hale_special0. Use it to change next boss to Hale.
- CBS has 9 arrows for bow-rage. Also he has stun rage, but on little distantion.
- Teammates gets 2 scores per each 600 damage.
- Demoman with Targe has crits on his primary weapon.
- Removed support of non-Arena maps, because nobody did't use it and they were buggy.
- Pistol/Lugermorph has crits.
- Christian Brutal Sniper is a regular character.
- CBS has 3 melee weapons ad bow-rage.
- Added new lines for Vagineer.
- Now Mode uses in-game model change function. (Attachables are broken from Hatless Update)
- Many bug fixes and code optimization.
- Added the second URL for auto-update.
- Fixed problems, when auto-update was corrupt plugin.
- Added a question for the next Hale, if he want to be him. (/haleme)
- Eyelander and Half-Zatoichi was replaced with Claidheamh Mor.
- Dispenser and TP won't be destoyed after Engineer's death.
- Mode uses the localization file.
- Saxton Hale will be choosed randomly for the first 3 rounds (then by queue).
- Fan O'War replaced with Sandman
- Fixed silent HHHjr's rage.
- Now bots (sourcetv too) will not be Hale.
- Fixed invalid uber on Vagineer's head.
- Fixed other little bugs.
- Fixed destroyed buildables associated with spy's fake death.
- Syringe Gun replaced with Blutsauger.
- Blutsauger, on hit: +3 to uber-charge.
- Removed crits from Blutsauger.
- CnD replaced with Invis Watch.
- Fr.Justice replaced with shotgun.
- Fists of steel replaced with fists.
- KGB replaced with GRU.
- Added /haleclass.
- Added Super Duper Jump to rescue Hale from pit.
- Removed pyro's ammolimit.
- Fixed little bugs.
- Now it's working. Also little optimize about player count.
- Point will be enabled when X or less players be alive.
- Added new Hale's phrases.
- More bugfixes
- Improved super-jump.
- Coming soon: point will be disabled until last X living players.
- More bugfixes.
- Now "(Hale)<mapname>" can be nominated for nextmap.
- Medigun's uber gets uber and crits for Medic and his target.
- Fixed infinite Specials.
- Now gamemode's ConVars saves in file (addons\sourcemod\configs\saxton_hale_config.c fg)
- And more bugfixes.
- Fixed immortal spy.
- Fixed crashes associated with classlimits.
- Added hale_enabled convar.
- Fixed bug, when all hats was removed...why?
- When Saxton is defeated, depending on the version of VSH, his model may disappear and leave behind the ragdoll of the Soldier that Hale is played from.
- This is the same case with Vagineer, Horseless Headless Horsemann Junior, Christian Brutal Sniper and the Easter Bunny. They will leave an Engineer, Demoman, Sniper and Demoman ragdoll respectively.
- If a player uses the command explode in console to commit suicide, no gibs will appear.
- The Schadenfreude, Director's Vision, High Five, and Shred Alert taunts can be used by all of the boss characters, albeit without any facial movement.
- Occasionally, when a player's distance from Hale is too great to render him, the outline caused by the Sniper Rifle will stay in place instead of following Hale's position.
- Jarate is not immediately removed from Hale, but rather removed after a fifth of a second. Thus, Hale may take Mini-Crit damage for that small duration any time the Jarate effect is applied to him.
- When a boss scares an Engineer wearing the Hotrod, the mask flips down.
- If a player joins a VS Saxton Hale server and is fully in-game (e.g. at the MOTD) before a round starts but has not chosen a team or class, they may spawn in at any time during the round by selecting a team and class. This bug also occurs in Arena mode with the server variable tf_arena_use_queue 0.
- When a player is in Pyroland, the bosses' voices may or may not be pitch-shifted, or may be a combination of both states. This is not entirely unintentional.
- The class info displayed on spawn is outdated. According to the current developer, this will be rectified soon.
Christian Brutal Sniper's model with the Huntsman equipped.
The Horseless Headless Horsemann Jr.'s model.
April 14, 2011 Patch (Hatless Update)
- Server-side model attachments are now entirely disabled. Now it uses in-game model change function.