Map Maker's Medallion
The Map Maker's Medallion is a cosmetic item for all classes. It is a gold medal with a hammer on it hanging by a team-colored ribbon with a white stripe down the middle, attached to the player's chest.
The Map Maker's Medallion was given to those who entered the Art Pass Contest and the top three placing winners of all major TF2Maps.net contests. It is also given to notable members of the TF2Maps.net mapping community.
- [Undocumented] Added the Mapper's Medallion to the game files.
- [Undocumented] Added a BLU material file (
.vmt) for the Mapper's Medallion.
- Added The Map Maker's Medallion and renamed from Mapper's Medallion.
- Updated The Map Maker's Medallion to be paintable.
- Updated The Map Maker's Medallion so name/description tags can be applied to it
- The hammer on the medal is a reference to Valve's map editor, Hammer.
- Three alternative rewards were proposed, one of which was a hammer that would replace the Engineer's Wrench.
- The item is referred to as a Func_Medal, a reference to the various "func"-prefixed entities available for use within the Hammer editor.
- Fr0z3n (TF2Maps.net) "Meet the Medallion". Published January 17, 2012. Retrieved January 17, 2012.
- The Political Gamer (TF2Maps.net) "Contest medal discussion". Published October 20, 2010. Retrieved November 14, 2010.