From Team Fortress Wiki
The Dread Knot is a community-created promotional headwear item for the Heavy. It is a chonmage, the traditional top-knotted hairstyle of edo-period men and samurai in Japan and, in more modern times, sumo wrestlers.
- The Dread Knot was added to the game.
- Fixed the new Shogun hats not being grayed out when paint is being used.
- This hat is now able to be traded along with all Shogun Pack items.
- The name is a reference to the "dreadnought", a type of 20th century battleship with tremendous firepower. The word itself literally means "fear nothing".
- Chonmage hairstyles were popular in feudal Japan as a convenient way to keep one's hat or helmet on. They remained popular until the early 20th century.