Spread some Smissmas Cheer™ all throughout the battlefield with this jolly moving, figure skating taunt!
— Skating Scorcher publicity blurb
The Skating Scorcher is a community-created special taunt for the Pyro.
When activated through the taunts menu, ice skates materialize on the Pyro's feet. The Pyro then performs a twirl and begins skating, automatically moving forward without any inputs. Pressing the left or right keys turn the Pyro. When the player ends the taunt, the Pyro skates for a distance and then brakes, performing a spin as the skates disappear.
During the taunt, pressing MOUSE1 or MOUSE2 makes the Pyro do different tricks. Primary Fire performs a Toe Loop Jump, while Secondary Fire performs a twirling Grand Jeté before landing in an Arabesque position. Both require a pause before performing again. The Pyro also performs an Arabesque when ending the taunt.
When starting and finishing the taunt, the Pyro emits the same particles and sound effects as the Noise Maker - Winter Holiday.
The Skating Scorcher was contributed to the Steam Workshop.
December 21, 2017 Patch #1 (Smissmas 2017)
- The Skating Scorcher was added to the game.
- [Undocumented] Updated the description of the Skating Scorcher.
- [Undocumented] Updated the main menu description of the Skating Scorcher.
- Updated the description.
- The boots are reflective while on DirectX 8.
- Rarely, the Pyro is unable to perform tricks and only skate during the taunt. This can be fixed by merely stopping and restarting the taunt.
- Using a voice command after beginning this taunt, but before it starts moving, causes it to not move forward. The player may appear to be able to turn, however other players are unable to see this movement. Allies are unable to move the taunting player, but enemies are still able to push them with knockback.