The Beep Boy is community-created multi-class cosmetic item for the Scout, Pyro, and Engineer. It is a team-colored portable, presumably gaming device with two orange action buttons marked with "T" and "F" letters, a grey directional pad, speaker and a display with a smiling emote. The Beep Boy also contains a cartridge inside of it, which shares the same name as the item.
The Beep Boy's emote has facial flexes that correspond with those of the wearer's, allowing it to copy the user's current expression and facial movements. When worn by the Pyro, the Beep Boy expresses an evil grin, and its emote does not move.
The Beep Boy was contributed to the Steam Workshop.
- The Beep Boy was added to the game.
- Updated models/materials for the Beep Boy. Can now be equipped by Scout and Pyro.
- [Undocumented] Updated the Beep Boy to be equippable by the Scout and Pyro.
- Updated models/materials for the Beep Boy.
- Updated materials/models for the Beep Boy.
- [Undocumented] Added Strange quality.
- When a Spy is disguised as an Engineer who has equipped the Beep Boy, the Beep Boy on the disguised Spy will have a sad facial expression.
- The Beep Boy's name and design references Nintendo's handheld console, the Game Boy.
- The T and F buttons parallel the Game Boy's A and B buttons, and reference the initials of Team Fortress.
- Additionally, the original creator of the item stated that they based it on BMO, a character from the popular television series Adventure Time.