The Postal Pummeler is a community-created melee weapon for the Pyro. It is a violently uprooted olive colored mailbox with the number 606 painted on the side.
This weapon functions identically to the Axtinguisher.
Damage and function times
| Damage and function times
| Damage type
| Ranged or Melee damage?
| Base damage
Burning: 86 - 167
| Function times
| Attack interval
|| 0.8 s
| Values are approximate and determined by community testing.
Kill 6 people with your axe in one life.
Kill 3 people with your axe in one life.
July 1, 2011 Patch
(Summer Camp Sale
- Added the Postal Pummeler to the game.
July 12, 2011 [Item schema update]
- The Postal Pummeler was added to the drop system.
- The Postal Pummeler can now be used in crafting.
July 18, 2011 Patch
- [Undocumented] The Postal Pummeler can now be crafted.
August 15, 2011 Patch
- [Undocumented] Removed black bar from the top of the kill icon.
September 6, 2011 Patch
- [Undocumented] Removed black bar from the top of the kill icon (again).
November 12, 2013 Patch
June 18, 2014 Patch (Love & War Update)
- Changed attribute:
- The Postal Pummeler now does mini-crit damage from the front and full crit damage from behind to burning targets.
December 17, 2015 Patch (Tough Break Update)
- Changed attributes:
- 100% Chance to crit against burning targets.
- 33% Damage penalty. (previous was -50% damage vs non-burning players)
- 20% Slower attack speed.
- 75% Slower switch-to speed.
March 28, 2018 Patch
- Changed attributes:
- Attacks mini-crit and then extinguish burning targets
- Receives a damage bonus based on the remaining duration of after-burn
- Added: "Sketchek's Bequest: Killing blows on burning players grant a speed boost"
- Base damage reduced by 33%
- Holster speed 35% slower
- No random critical hits
March 26, 2019 Patch
- [Undocumented] Removed reference to Sketchek from the Postal Pummeler.
- Although Pyros are resistant to afterburn (with the exception of being soaked by the Gas Passer), they can be mini-crit by the Postal Pummeler if the hit connects before resistance takes effect.
- An early version of this weapon featured a painted on face, and a small handle under the head of the mailbox .
- ↑ Polycount thread