Full Head Of Steam
The Full Head of Steam is a cosmetic item wearable by all classes. It is a top hat, similar to the one on the Noble Amassment of Hats and Towering Pillar of Hats. It has three steam pipes and a steam pressure gauge protruding from the brim, which wobble as the player moves. A prototype of the Full Head Of Steam was first introduced in 1921 at the Paris World Fashion Expo by Bilious Hale in effort to reinvigorate the nation's waning interest in all things coal.
| Foundry Milestone|
Achieve 7 of the achievements in the Foundry pack.
Reward: Full Head Of Steam
- The Full Head Of Steam was added to the game.
December 15, 2011 Patch #2
- [Undocumented] The Full Head Of Steam now appears as a proper name with "The" prefixed.
- When the Sniper taunts with a melee weapon while wearing this item, he does not take off the hat.
- When the Spy uses Your Eternal Reward to backstab a player wearing this hat, the disguise does not wear the hat.
- The name of this hat references the practice of preparing a steam engine for operation. It was necessary to exceed a certain threshold of pressure in the boiler before the engine could be operated. This procedure was referred to as building a "full head of steam." The phrase has also come to describe any significant amount of driving force or momentum.
- According to the museum at Coal Town, it requires 50 pounds of coal a day for it to run.