| Basic information
| Map type
| File name:
| Release date:
|| December 17, 2015
| Last updated:
|| January 7, 2016
| Map Info
|| Snowing, Nighttime
| Map Items
| Health Kits:
|| ×10 • ×9 • ×3
| Ammo Boxes:
|| ×1 • ×16 • ×5
| Map Photos
| Map Overview
Snowycoast is a single-stage Snow-themed community-made Payload map that was originally part of the Mercs vs. Aliens contest that took place before the Invasion Update. The map features are variety of moving passageways and flank routes as well as many alien-related things around the map seeing as it was intended for the Invasion Update. It is mostly a wide-open map with only a few buildings and mineshafts breaking up the path along the way. The final capture point is an alien saucer that BLU must deliver the cart to in order to destroy and win the map.
Snowycoast was made an official map in the Tough Break Update.
- BLU Spawn: BLU's first spawn has three exits. A side exit on the right, and a front and side exit facing the cart.
- Side Structure: A small path to the right next to the first checkpoint.
- Underground Path: A path to the Checkpoint B battlements accessible from an opening on the right of the checkpoint. The path does not open until Checkpoint A has been captured by BLU.
- Incline: The incline cart path on the left.
BLU's first spawn and the beginning of the map.
The side structure to the right of the checkpoint.
- RED Spawn: RED's first spawn has two exits. One on the right that leads closer to the battlements, and one in front of the second checkpoint.
- Quonset hut: A small structure next to the checkpoint.
- BLU Spawn: To the right of the checkpoint is a secondary BLU spawn that will open once the checkpoint has been captured.
Checkpoint B and RED's first spawn.
A look inside the quonset hut.
- Cart Gate: After capturing the second checkpoint, BLU must wait a few seconds for the gate in front of the checkpoint to open. The doorways near the gate will automatically open.
- Mines: The mines have two tunnels. Straight ahead is the main cart path, and to the right is a small tunnel for flanking.
- BLU Spawn: BLU's third and final spawn overlooking the entrance to the mines. Will open once the third checkpoint is captured.
The path through the mines.
- RED Spawn: The final RED spawn has three exits. A front exit leads to the excavation site. Another front exit leads to the gate. A side exit leads to Checkpoint C.
- Shutter Gate: The path to the UFO is cut off by a central gate station. Once the cart reaches the designated spot, the large gate will begin to open slowly. There are two pathways on the left and right of the gate.
- Excavation Site: The area in front of the UFO. BLU will need to push the cart up the small ramp to win, but if one player is not pushing, the cart will immediately fall back down.
The excavation site which is also the final checkpoint.
December 17, 2015 Patch
(Tough Break Update
- Added Snowycoast to the game.
January 7, 2016 Patch
- Fixed several unintended perches.
- Fixed being able to damage through the setup gates.
- Added some fences & cover inside BLU's first spawn to reduce spam angles.
- Added an extra resupply in BLU's first spawn and RED's last spawn.
- Moved medium health kit at 1st point back towards BLU's side of choke.
- Changed collision on large railings to allow projectiles.
- Added some cover to the sentry platform inside last.
- Adjusted lighting/detailing at stair to 2nd point low flank to make it more obvious.
- Quonset hut Sniper deck raised.
- Spawn locations in RED's first moved further from the door.
- Added windows to main entrance of RED's first spawn.
- Adjusted the narrow fence near RED spawn.
- Prevented building Teleporters at the edge of spawn doors.
- Fixed an exploit related to BLU's 2nd forward spawn's entrances.
- Added some logic to prevent players getting stuck when RED's first spawn closes.
- Changed how RED spawn moves players to their last spawn when 2nd is capped (no longer slays & respawns).
- Replaced dump truck in kennels with crates.
- Door near RED's first spawn now opens as the cart approaches 2nd instead of after capture.
- Switched main exit and window on RED's last spawn.
- Adjusted placement of health and ammo near RED's last spawn.
- Fixed various floating props.
- Fixed some texture alignment issues in the tunnels.
- Fixed spot on last ramp that would keep the cart from rolling back.
- Fixed some smoothing/geometry problems on crates at last.
- Reduced size of kill zone on falling crates during finale.
- Added map menu photos.
February 29, 2016 Patch
- Adjusted various spawn point facings to make side exits more obvious.
- Adjusted position of resupply cabinet in RED's 1st spawn.
- Added ledge to 2nd point flank route window.
- Adjusted common sentry nests on 2nd.
- Added stronger light to entrance of lower flank route.
- Door near RED's first spawn now opens on A capture and closes on final bulkhead opening.
- RED no longer get forced respawn when 2nd is captured.
- Added minor spawn for RED once 2nd is captured, active until BLU pushes through kennels.
- Adjusted timing of flank doors at 2nd and in mines.
- Updated door texture for flank exit by 2nd point gate.
- Improved defendability and enlarged 3rd point.
- Adjusted position of 3rd cap.
- Adjusted health & ammo at 3rd.
- Updated door texture for flank exit by mines.
- Changed a medium ammo pack at last to full ammo pack.
- Added door to ledge at last to improve RED defendability (closes when bulkhead opens).
- Added 3rd exit to BLU's last forward spawn.
- Improved defendability of ledges at last inside building.
- Added new dropdown area to RED's last.
- Adjusted lighting in various areas.
- Fixed dx settings on light pole props.
April 25, 2016 Patch
- Pl_snowycoast was heavily inspired by the 1982 movie 'The Thing'. This is most evident at the final checkpoint, which contains a UFO embedded into the ice, imitating the style and positioning of the UFO in the movie.
The special Snowycoast bomb cart.