|Release date:||December 17, 2015|
|Last updated:||January 7, 2016|
|Health Kits:||×10 • ×9 • ×3|
|Ammo Boxes:||×1 • ×16 • ×5|
Snowycoast is a single-stage snow-themed community-made Payload map that was originally part of the Mercs vs. Aliens contest that took place before the Invasion Update. The map features 4 Checkpoints, two additional capture zones, and a variety of changing passageways and flank routes. Many alien-related objects and scenes are seen around the map (as the map was intended for the Invasion Update). It is mostly a wide-open map with only a few buildings and mineshafts breaking up the path along the way. The final Checkpoint is an alien flying saucer excavation, which BLU must destroy with the bomb cart to win the round.
Snowycoast was made an official map in the Tough Break Update.
Checkpoint A / Radio Tower
- BLU Spawn: BLU's first spawn has three exits: Gate 1 flank on the right, Gate 2 on the front with the Track, and Gate 3, a defilade exit facing the cart.
- Fence: An obstruction between BLU Spawn and the first Checkpoint with two side routes around the ends of the fence: Truck and Track.
- Incline: The incline cart path on the left beyond the Fence.
- Side Structure: A flank through the Sea Side Exports building around first checkpoint.
- Underground Path: A path to a Checkpoint B battlement accessible from an opening on the right of Checkpoint A, which opens when that first Checkpoint is captured by BLU.
Checkpoint B / Kennel Gates
- BLU Spawn: To the right of the first Checkpoint is the second BLU Spawn that opens once the second Checkpoint is captured.
- RED Spawn: RED's first Spawn has two exits; one on the right that leads closer to the battlements, and one in front of the second Checkpoint into a Hallway over the Kennels.
- Quonset Hut: A small structure next to the second Checkpoint, with two rooms and a ladder up the far end to a Sniper Deck on the roof.
- A doorway at the far end of the Hallway opens to the remainder of the map when the first Checkpoint is captured, giving RED respawns an escape if the second Checkpoint is captured.
Checkpoint C / The Mines
- Cart Gate: After capturing the second Checkpoint, the door to the right opens immediately, but BLU must wait a few seconds as four red lamps count down to all blue before the yellow Gate opens for the Cart.
- Kennels: A room between the yellow Gates with a drop down flank in and out of the Mines.
- BLU Spawn: BLU's third and final Spawn overlooking the entrance to the mines opens when the third Checkpoint is captured.
- Mines: The mines have three routes from the final BLU Spawn; straight ahead is the main cart path, and to the left and right (in the Kennels) are small tunnels for flanking.
- Shutter Gate: The path to the Flying Saucer is cut off by a central gate station. Once the cart reaches the designated Capture Zone D, the large gate begins slowly opening in two cycles, the second cycle being a gate that both sides can see and shoot through.
- There are two side doorways out the left and right of the gate's Capture Zone.
- There are two flanks around the Shutter Gate; one in front of RED Spawn, the other through the building at the Far End.
- Excavation Site: The area in front of the Flying Saucer and final Checkpoint. BLU must push the cart up the small ramp to win; but it no BLU player is pushing, the cart immediately rolls back down.
- Two oversized crates are thrown by the Payload Cart explosion, killing any player they hit.
- RED Spawn: The final RED spawn has four exits: A left side exit leads to Checkpoint C. A right front exit leads to the Excavation Site. Another front exit leads toward the Shutter Gate Capture Zone. The Escape Hole in the floor leads to lower routes to that Capture Zone and the Excavation Site.
- Pl_snowycoast was heavily inspired by the 1951, 1982, and 2011 movies entitled The Thing, which take place in Arctic installations with Quonset huts, tunnels, dog kennels, an escape hole dug in the floor, and radio equipment wrecked with an axe.
- This is most evident at the final checkpoint, which contains a large flying saucer embedded into the ice, imitating the style, positioning, and excavation of the flying saucers in the movies.