|“Gotta move that gear up!”
This article may contain content that is out of date.
You can help improve this article by updating the content as necessary. See the wiki style guide.
The specific instructions are: Some images need to be updated due to some small removed props.
| Basic information
| Map type
|| King of the Hill
| File name:
| Release date:
|| December 17, 2015
| Last updated:
|| January 20, 2016
|| Bloodhound, Psy, Drawer
| Map Info
|| Industrial, desert
|| Daylight, sunny
| Map Items
| Health Kits:
|| ×4 • ×5
| Ammo Boxes:
|| ×4 • ×6
| Map Photos
| Map Overview
Highpass is a community-made King of the Hill map set in an industrial area within the desert. Both teams attack through their industrial bases, fighting to be the king of the central control point, which is located on the middle bridge. There are multiple routes to approach the central point. The vertical design and the height differences between the areas ensure a unique gameplay.
The goal is to capture the single, central control point and control it for a duration of 3 minutes, while stopping the other team from doing the same.
The general idea and layout of the map was made by Psy, the creator of Nightfall. The map was later adopted by Bloodhound.
Highpass was made an official map in the Tough Break Update.
- The Bridge: At the center of the map, a basic bridge holds the control point. On top of the bridge are two concrete blocks, which serve as cover. Below the bridge is a medium sized health kit.
- The Yard: Each team has a yard leading to the control point. The yard has two houses, serving as a preparation or fall-back position.
- The Industrial Houses: Each team has a row of industrial houses serving as a border, which separates the fighting area from the spawn area.
- Spawn: A house with two exits, which is serving as spawn and starting point of each round.
Building next to the Bridge
House in middle of the Yard
House on side of the Yard
Area in front of the Spawn
Control point timing
| Control Point
December 17, 2015 Patch (Tough Break Update)
- Added Highpass to the game.
January 20, 2016 Patch
- Removed unnecessary detail props.
- Revised fade-distances.
- Turned some brushwork into props.
- Revised hints and skips.
- Added nobuild entity on the ramps in front of spawn.
- Improved cliff displacements.
- Revised some details and textures.
April 25, 2016 Patch
This is the changelog of the map before it was added to the game.
December 17, 2015
July 13, 2015 - RC1A
- fixed clipping issues
- optimized visleafs (-> better performance)
- remedied some visual mistakes
- removed/replaced high-poly props
July 11, 2015 - RC1
- improved rollout-friendliness
- heightened roofing on right spawn exit
- moved middle beam of that roofing to the side
- increased ceiling height in building on left route to mid
- replaced a door with a gate (higher) on right route to mid
- widened the "tunnel" room on right route to mid
- spawn room stairs changed; players spawn closer to doors
- added a shack to the ramps on the left path to mid
- added a recess on the lower part of that ramps
- removed a shortcut to the Sniper deck in the yard
- moved small metal below Sniper deck to recess on ramps
- fixed some nasty Sniper sight lines and unfair cover
- improved clipping of platform (with health) on right path to mid (no jump needed anymore)
- improved clipping on rock behind the yard's middle building
- fixed most displacement flickering on mountains
- fps optimization (occluders, fade distances)
- improved clipping for explosive jumps
- fixed missing CP unlock announcement
- detail improvements
- much old detail reworked
- improved lighting
- changed ground texture
- added rotating clouds
- There are doors seen in each of the map's spawn rooms which read "Bloodhound" and "Psy", which reference the map's developers who go by the same names.