||King of the Hill
||December 17, 2015
||January 20, 2016
| Health Kits:
|| ×4 • ×5
| Ammo Boxes:
|| ×4 • ×6
Highpass is a community-made King of the Hill map with a radially symmetric layout released in the Tough Break Update. It is set in an industrial area within the desert. Both teams attack through their industrial bases, fighting to be the king of the central control point, which is located on the middle bridge. There are multiple routes to approach the central point. The vertical design and the height differences between the areas ensure a unique gameplay.
The goal is to capture the single, central control point and control it for a duration of 3 minutes, while stopping the other team from doing the same.
- The Bridge: At the center of the map, a basic bridge holds the control point. On top of the bridge are two concrete blocks, which serve as cover. Below the bridge is a medium sized health kit.
- The Yard: Each team has a yard leading to the control point. The yard has two houses, serving as a preparation or fall-back position.
- The Industrial Houses: Each team has a row of industrial houses serving as a border, which separates the fighting area from the spawn area.
- Spawn: A house with two exits, which is serving as spawn and starting point of each round.
Building next to the Bridge
House in middle of the Yard
House on side of the Yard
Area in front of the Spawn
Control point timing
December 17, 2015 Patch (Tough Break Update)
- Added Highpass to the game.
January 20, 2016 Patch
- Removed unnecessary detail props.
- Revised fade-distances.
- Turned some brushwork into props.
- Revised hints and skips.
- Added nobuild entity on the ramps in front of spawn.
- Improved cliff displacements.
- Revised some details and textures.
April 25, 2016 Patch
This is the changelog of the map before it was added to the game.
December 17, 2015
July 13, 2015 - RC1A
- fixed clipping issues
- optimized visleafs (-> better performance)
- remedied some visual mistakes
- removed/replaced high-poly props
July 11, 2015 - RC1
- improved rollout-friendliness
- heightened roofing on right spawn exit
- moved middle beam of that roofing to the side
- increased ceiling height in building on left route to mid
- replaced a door with a gate (higher) on right route to mid
- widened the "tunnel" room on right route to mid
- spawn room stairs changed; players spawn closer to doors
- added a shack to the ramps on the left path to mid
- added a recess on the lower part of that ramps
- removed a shortcut to the Sniper deck in the yard
- moved small metal below Sniper deck to recess on ramps
- fixed some nasty Sniper sight lines and unfair cover
- improved clipping of platform (with health) on right path to mid (no jump needed anymore)
- improved clipping on rock behind the yard's middle building
- fixed most displacement flickering on mountains
- fps optimization (occluders, fade distances)
- improved clipping for explosive jumps
- fixed missing CP unlock announcement
- detail improvements
- much old detail reworked
- improved lighting
- changed ground texture
- added rotating clouds
Texture of the model itself.
- There are doors seen in each of the map's spawn rooms which read "Bloodhound" and "Psy", which reference the map's developers who go by the same names.
- In the Red spawn, over the stairs in the near room, there is a drawer from a desk in honor to Drawer (who helped in the navigation and design of the map).
- There is also the name of the members of the RETF2 community. Drawer, Maestro Darkha, hk007, Dio Joestar, Bullets, Dvdgg, Dr.DVD, and Yannick 'Bloodhound' Xeramon.