I'll take the high road, and you... should probably also take the high road.
— The Soldier
Landfall is a community-made Capture the Flag map created for TF2Maps.net's Competitive CTF Contest. It was awarded 9th place with a total of 66 points. It is set in a logging area with various catwalks along the giant trees.
Landfall was made an official map in the Tough Break Update.
- Intelligence deck: The wooden deck in each base, on which the Intelligence briefcase rests.
- Courtyard: The main open area directly next to the team spawn, which provides access to the side route and the lumber building.
- Rooftops: The accessible rooftops above both spawn rooms. Engineers are able to build on top of the rooftop closer to the lumber building.
- Stump: A large stump located close to the Deck, on which Engineers tend to build.
- Side route: The larger dirt route that skirts the outside of each base.
- Shack: A building with a roof accessible to those with special jumping abilities (ex. rocket jumping and double-jumping) located on the side route.
- Upper walkway: An enclosed walkway above the side route that provides direct access to the base rooftops.
- Lumber building: The two main buildings on either side of the map, serving as the main route from the base to the central area. Has multiple connected rooms within and a walkway along the front and above the side route, which connects directly to the tree.
- Inner deck: A deck closer to the base, which can serve as a point of harassment for attackers.
- Battlement: A small room located directly above the resource deck, which has a view of nearly the whole central area.
- Side room: A small room located on the second floor near the side route, which connects the side route directly to the second floor via stairs.
- Tree: Located at the center of the map, this huge tree serves as a major landmark for the map. It is surrounded by a circular walkway, and connects to the resource decks and the second floors of both teams' lumber buildings.
- Resource deck: Two decks on either side of the tree which have the health packs and ammo boxes.
Side route, featuring the shack.
Side path to the BLU base. The upper walkway is visible on the second level of the lumber building.
Tree in the center of the map
Wooden resource deck providing access to the middle
December 17, 2015 Patch (Tough Break Update)
- Added Landfall to the game.
December 22, 2015 Patch
- Fixed building Teleporters between spawn room doors.
- Fixed an exploit that allowed players to go outside the map.
February 2, 2016 Patch
- Fixed some material issues.
April 25, 2016 Patch
This is the changelog of the map before it was added to the game.
- You can now jump onto the shack along the outside path.
- Better FPS
- Various detail improvements and additions
- Respawn rate raised 1 tick
- Added a new room on the upper levels of each side by mid.
- Removed the outdoor ramp leading up, and put the indoor staircase back in (connects with the new room).
- Changed the sawroom going into the bases. It's not got more space outdoors, in hopes of making that path more dangerous for the attackers.
- Put the Intelligence back in the old spot
- Changed the layout of the Intelligence deck to give the outside path an easy route to the Intelligence.
- Added a small new room in mid to safely get from the lower saw-room door to the porch on the side of mid.
- Added a new little alcove where the outside path meets mid.
- Removed the indoor staircase going from the outside path to upper mid. It's replaced by an outdoor ramp leading up.
- flag return time raised to 35 seconds
- Changed the sides of mid. They're now higher up and have a porch area to give a better vantage point on the upper catwalk.
- Various changes to the former Intelligence area.
- Moved the Intelligence to the building adjacent to where it used to be. I also expanded the building to make it a better Intelligence spot. I'm just trying it out for now, to see what the new location does, so I might not stick with it.
Gameplay Changes (kind of):
- put the spawn times back to a9 times