When equipped and activated, a team-colored mechanical bull will appear under the Engineer, which he will mount and ride while exclaiming cheers, and rarely, speaking a voice line at random. The taunt will loop indefinitely until the player is killed or the taunt is deactivated, which will deconstruct the mechanical bull and launch the Engineer to the standing position.
The Bucking Bronco was contributed to the Steam Workshop.
- The Bucking Bronco was added to the game.
- Fixed a couple of sounds for the Taunt: Bucking Bronco not playing properly.
- When used on a teleporter entrance, the Engineer will appear at the exit but the bucking bronco will remain at the entrance. However, they will still continue the taunt although separately.
- Sometimes the bucking bronco will turn a few seconds late.
- A bucking bronco is a term used in bull-riding to describe an especially erratic bull.
- VTF filename strings of the textures for the taunt's prop were found in the texture_preload_list.txt file when it was added to the game in the October 28, 2015 Patch, indicating that Valve had been testing it recently before it was added officially in the Tough Break Update.