Dumber than dirt, ain't'cha?
— The Engineer
The Brainiac Goggles are a cosmetic item for the Engineer. They appear as a pair of black retro-futuristic goggles with gray lenses and a Tesla coil attached to the left eyepiece.
The Brainiac Goggles were later contributed to the Steam Workshop, at Valve's request.
Main article: Item sets
|Dr. Grordbort's Brainiac Pack|
See also: Crafting
|Refined Metal||Brainiac Pack weapon||Possible Results|
December 15, 2011 Patch #1 (Australian Christmas 2011)
- The Brainiac Goggles were added to the game.
- The Brainiac Goggles are now droppable, craftable and purchasable.
- [Undocumented] The Brainiac Goggles no longer hide the Engineer's hardhat.
- The word "brainiac," originally derived from the name of a super-intelligent supervillain from the Classic Superman comic, has come to mean a very intelligent person. It is a portmanteau of the words 'brain' and 'maniac'.
- Diplopia and strabismus are both medical conditions, the former causing the affected to see one object as two, and the latter having one or more eyes misaligned.