The Pip-Boy is a promotional cosmetic item for the Engineer. It is based on the Pip-Boy 3000 from the video game Fallout: New Vegas; a wrist-mounted computer device with a green-glowing monochrome screen, and several buttons and knob. On the screen is a unique version of the Engineer that is posed and styled similarly to Vault Boy, with his hand on his hip and a large thumbs-up.
This item was awarded in Genuine quality to players who purchased Fallout: New Vegas before August 8, 2011.
- The Pip-Boy was added to the game.
August 4, 2011 [Item schema update]
- Changed name from "Pip-Boy 1950" to "Pip-Boy".
- The Pip-Boy is set up to be in Strange quality; however, no Strange variant has been released. It would count sentry kills.
- The Pip-Boy themed HUD for the Build and Destroy Menus fails to display while playing with a gamepad.
- If the Engineer dies while the primary PDA is equipped, right after respawning, the player is prompted with the generic build menu.
- The description references the eye-popping prettiness blurb on the 'key features' section on Fallout 3 Steam page.
Revised Eureka Effect teleport menu.