Dell in the Shell
Dell in the Shell is a community-created cosmetic item for the Engineer. It replaces the Engineer's head with that of a turtle, green on the top and light-yellow on the underside. Upper side of the head can be painted.
This item can only be worn around Halloween or during a Full Moon; at other times of the year, it does not appear in gameplay, unless the server has Halloween mode enabled. However, it can be equipped at any time and can still be viewed on the loadout screen even when it is not visible during games.
Dell in the Shell was contributed to the Steam Workshop.
- Dell in the Shell was added to the game.
- The Item schema is configured to disable the Engineers's "head" bodygroup, however, such bodygroup does not exist for either the Engineer or the Dell in the Shell.
- Dell is the Engineer's first name (Dell Conagher).
- The item name is also a reference to the Ghost in the Shell franchise.
- This item references Turtling, a strategy of defending a specific location with the intent of not pushing forward. Turtling usually associated with the Engineer class, which can use buildings to fortify a point of hold.