This weapon functions identically to the Pistol.
Currently, it is awarded in Unique quality to players who complete the Poker Night at the Inventory achievement Special Item: Max by defeating Max in a knockout round. As of May 23, 2019, the game has been removed from sale. However, any owners may still obtain its promotional items.
The kill icon for the Lugermorph was contributed by NeoDement.
Damage and function times
|Damage and function times|
|Ranged or Melee damage?||Ranged|
|Attack interval||0.15 s|
|Reload|| Engineer: 1.36 s|
Scout: 1.25 s
|Spread recovery||1.25 s|
|Values are approximate and determined by community testing.|
| Special Item: Max|
Knock out Max after he's bought in with his special item.
- When reloading or inspecting the Lugermorph, no magazine is removed or loaded into the weapon.
- The name "Lugermorph" is a portmanteau of "Luger", a German sidearm that the Lugermorph's model is based on, and "lagomorph", the taxonomic order that Max claims to be part of.
- The weapon's in-game description alludes to a running joke in the Sam & Max series, which references how no one knows where Max keeps items in his inventory.
- The Lugermorph released with Poker Night at the Inventory uses item ID 294 internally, separate from the Lugermorph originally released in The Devil's Playhouse promotion, which uses item ID 160; this technically makes it a different item.
- As with all pistols the Lugermorph does not function correctly. Specifically, the toggle action does not cycle when firing.
Scout first-person view.
Engineer first-person view.
RED Engineer first-person view with the Gunslinger equipped.
- Pistol strategy (Scout)
- Pistol strategy (Engineer)
- Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse
- Poker Night at the Inventory
- Big Kill
- License to Maim
- Max's Severed Head
- TF2 Official Blog: "It is a good day to be giant man"
- Telltale Games Official Blog: "SnM + Steam = BFF"
- "Get Your Telltale TF2 Items!"
- Sam & Max Wiki - Max's Gun