The Dead'er Alive is a community-created cosmetic item for the Engineer. It removes the default Engineer hardhat and replaces his skull and neck with cybernetic prostheses manufactured by Frontier Industries. The prostheses have team-colored lights on either side of the head, a vent with the class emblem and OSHA-compliant warning tape, and robotic jaw joints and ears, all held together by metallic plating and wire hoops around the head.
The Dead'er Alive was contributed to the Steam Workshop.
- The Dead'er Alive was added to the game.
- The item and publicity blurb reference the movie Robocop, in which the main character killed, but then is reanimated as a cyborg, much of his body replaced with robotic prostheses.
- "Dead'er Alive" references the line said by the main character Alex J. Murphy: "Dead or alive, you're coming with me."
- Murphy's nemesis in the plot is Clarence Boddicker, portrayed by Kurtwood Smith, the dad from That 70's Show.
- Murphy's ability to "climb stairs" allowed him to escape an otherwise technically superior Enforcement Droid.
The referenced prostheses seen on Alex J. Murphy in Robocop.