The Dogfighter is a community-created cosmetic item for the Engineer. It is a team-colored (brown for RED, dark blue for BLU) leather flight jacket with short sleeves that is worn on the Engineer's default shirt and overalls. It features white fur lining and cuffs, a pair of pockets, the Engineer's class emblem on it's left shoulder and a team-colored, paintable armband with a white winged TF symbol on the right shoulder. In addition, this item unrolls the left sleeve of the Engineer's shirt.
The Dogfighter was contributed to the Steam Workshop.
- The Dogfighter was added to the game.
- [Undocumented] Added Strange quality.
- A dogfight is a form of engagement between fighter aircraft; in particular, combat of maneuver at short range, where each side is aware of the other's presence. Dogfighting first appeared during World War I, shortly after the invention of the airplane.
- Originally, this item had a pin-up girl picture on its back, different for each team and dressed similarly to the Engineer. The pictures were removed by the author at Valve's request in order to increase the chances of the item being confirmed.
- The author created this item in tribute to his late grandfather, Thomas Henry Cahape, who was an engineer for the US Air Force during WWII.
- This item also resembles the jackets bomber teams used to wear while going on bombing runs, since the cabins of the bombers were not pressurized and thus were very cold at high altitudes.