From Team Fortress Wiki
The Hotrod is a community-created cosmetic item for the Engineer. It is a gray welding helmet with team-colored flame patterns. When the Engineer is holding a blueprint of a building or hauling a building, the Hotrod flips down over his face.
- The Hotrod was added to the game.
- The Hotrod was made craftable.
- [Undocumented] Added a community-contributed description for the Hotrod.
- [Undocumented] The Hotrod can now be uncrated with Unusual quality.
- [Undocumented] Added the Hotrod to the Mann Co. Store.
- Changed the equip region from "Whole Head" to "Hat."
- A Spy disguised as an Engineer who is wearing a Hotrod will have the hat flip down over his face upon switching to any kind of Sapper. This is due to the fact that Sappers count as buildables.
- The name and flame design is a reference to custom-built American cars with large engines, also called hot rods, which stereotypically sport a fiery paint job.