From Team Fortress Wiki
(Redirected from Sticky jumper
Aye, that's the way ye do it! Hehah!
— The Demoman on sticky jumping training techniques
The Sticky Jumper is a secondary weapon for the Demoman. Similar in appearance to the Stickybomb Launcher, it features a painted orange muzzle plus an orange and white striped pattern on the magazine, and lacks a front iron sight. The weapon fires rounded Stickybombs.
As a training item, the Sticky Jumper fires completely harmless stickybombs, allowing players to freely practice sticky jumping techniques. The ammo count for the weapon is also tripled, giving the user forty-eight extra stickybombs to use. The user is still vulnerable to self-damage from other explosive weaponry as well as fall damage. Players equipped with this weapon are unable to carry the intelligence or the Australium briefcase in Special Delivery.
|Function times (in seconds)
|Maximum charge time
|Values are approximate and determined by community testing.
|| 0wn the Means of Production|
Remove 20 stickybombs by killing the Demomen who produced them.
October 27, 2010 Patch
- The Sticky Jumper was added to the game.
October 28, 2010 Patch
- Fixed the Sticky Jumper doing damage to enemies.
- [Undocumented] Equipping the Sticky Jumper no longer multiplies the Grenade Launcher's carried ammo instead of the Sticky Jumper's ammo.
November 19, 2010 Patch
December 22, 2010 Patch
- The Sticky Jumper now has no max health penalty, and has damage vulnerabilities instead.
February 14, 2011 Patch
- Fixed melee attacks not destroying remote detonation pipes (Stickybombs).
April 20, 2011 Patch
- Fixed this item and the Stickybomb Launcher using the wrong skins.
July 1, 2011 Patch
July 22, 2011 Patch
- [Undocumented] The damage penalty attribute was changed from "-100% damage done" to "-100% damage penalty".
September 15, 2011 Patch
- The Sticky Jumper now uses a unique texture and projectile.
- The Sticky Jumper no longer causes the wielder to take increased damage from other sources.
- [Undocumented] Removed the ability to randomly score a critical hit on the Sticky Jumper.
- [Undocumented] Fixed a bug allowing a Demoman to damage himself with Sticky Jumper's detonation while holding any other weapon.
- [Undocumented] Added a new sound when Sticky Jumper projectiles touch the ground.
- [Undocumented] Shortened the range of stickybombs fired from the Sticky Jumper.
September 20, 2011 Patch
- Updated the physics for the Sticky Jumper projectiles so they behave like regular sticky bombs
October 13, 2011 Patch (Manniversary Update & Sale)
- Fixed Demoman weapons primary/secondary being backwards in the loadout screen.
- Fixed effects on Sticky Jumper grenades.
April 27, 2012 Patch
- Fixed Sticky Jumper stickybombs changing team when air-blasted.
May 31, 2012 Patch
- Players with this weapon equipped cannot carry the intelligence.
June 27, 2012 Patch (Pyromania Update)
- Added 'flying' sound to blast jumps.
- [Undocumented] Added the Sticky Jumper to the item drop system.
March 4, 2013 Patch
- Added a crafting recipe for the Sticky Jumper.
- The RED projectile model was originally added in the WAR! Update for the Scottish Resistance but was unused in favor of the Scottish Resistance's final projectile design.