Community District strategy
This article discusses community strategy for District.
|Community District strategy|
|Map type||PASS Time|
|Developer(s):||Valve, Bad Robot, Escalation Studios|
|Health Kits:||×4 • ×10|
|Ammo Boxes:||×2 • ×8 • ×2|
- District has multiple different paths to the goal. If one path isn't working, try another.
- The subways on both team's sides constantly have trains passing by. You can use this to your advantage in cutting off any pursuers.
- Stay in a group with the JACK carrier. Due to the many paths on the map it is very easy for the carrier to get ambushed.
- As is the general case with PASS Time maps, Scouts are the go-to class for carrying the JACK due to their speed. However, be sure to still pass the JACK to your other teammates to take advantage of the speed boost.
- If the enemy team has the JACK, do your best to chase the carrier down before they score.
- With the close quarter yet open streets, soldiers can be devastating in rocket jump attacks. Use the roofs of different structures to your advantage.
- Equip the Disciplinary Action to give slower classes a speedboost. This can be effective when chasing after the JACK.
- The map is filled with close quarters areas, making for excellent positions to ambush enemy targets.
- If an enemy JACK carrier is getting near the launch platform to the bonus goal, airblast them away to slow them down.
- The JACK spawn is a small overhang that can be useful for sticky traps.
- With how tight the streets and interiors are, your Grenade Launcher is your best weapon. Use it to disperse enemy groups.
- Stay close to the JACK carrier as much as possible. The JACK's speed boost will help you provide cover for the carrier.
- Engineers are best played for defense by setting up a sentry nest protecting the goals.
- Due to the open streets, if you choose to assist the JACK carrier, make sure you have a Gunslinger equipped to slow down enemies trying to steal.
- The tight streets can lead to intense fights between the two teams. Support your team as best you can by keeping them healthy, especially when getting near the enemy goal.
- Since the Medic isn't combat savvy, they can make for good passing targets.
- Snipers are not particularly useful on this map due to its mazelike design. However, they can be used in a defensive role in your team's goal area.
- With the close quarter areas, you can easily sneak up to enemy groups for backstabs. Look for alternate paths to intercept.
- Engineers will set up tight sentry positions by their goal. Destroy them to allow a clear path for the JACK carrier.