Community Brickyard strategy
|“Sun Tzu's got nothing on us!”
This article is a Community strategy stub. As such, it is not complete. You can help the Team Fortress Wiki Community Strategy Project by expanding it.
Notes: None added
|Community Brickyard strategy|
|Map type||PASS Time|
|File name:|| |
|Developer(s):||Valve, Bad Robot, Escalation Studios|
|Setting:||Daylight (sunset), Sunny|
|Health Kits:||×9 • ×9 • ×2|
|Ammo Boxes:||×5 • ×9 • ×2|
This article is about Community Brickyard strategy.
The Scout, like in any PASS maps are usually the staple of any team wanting to win, their high mobility can be useful for them to be the designated scorers.
- Whatever you do, DO NOT stop running once you have the JACK; if you do, you're an easy target for any pursuing enemy Scouts who'll stop at nothing to get the JACK (this also applies to the enemy).
- Engineers who build their Sentry Guns near the center (where the JACK spawns) are usually the biggest threat to any Scout if they're gunning down your allies:
- Use BONK! if you know a friendly Sniper is close by. By doing this, the sentry will pick on you, allowing the Sniper to pick off the Engineer then the Sentry Gun, allowing the central area to be less risky if you have the JACK.
- if you can convince a Medic to Über you to reach the JACK, try and use the Sentry Guns rocket to blast yourself towards the enemy goal. Timing is important, pop the Über too late and the Scout would be killed quicker than you can press MOUSE2.
- Scouts can be useful for intercepting the enemy if they have the JACK.
The heavy can be a bit of a bizarre sighting if he's running with the JACK but remember; but his large health pool allows him to tank through bullets and rockets thus making any defense less deadly for your team. Do remember that Snipers will often target you if you've got the JACK.
- As a heavy, you're more likely to hang around your team's goal to prevent any enemies scoring a point, try using the Natascha to slow down enemy Scouts, allowing friendly Snipers pick off the Scout(s) if they're weakened enough.
- In the unlikely moment you're carrying the JACK as a heavy, remember that you can push through quickly with the small boost the JACK grants upon picking it up, if you're already close to the enemy goals, use the jump pads to boost you closer to the goals. However,
- If any Soldier on your team is equipped with the Concheror and its rage buff is active or has the Disciplinary Action active, whatever you do, stay close; the mobility boost both items grant acts as a godsend if the boost from the JACK has expired in the heat of the fray. If you're not wanting to score the goal yourself and there are much more agile classes nearby (Scouts and medics are the best candidates), throw the JACK at them.
- Also don't hang around too long in one spot, Spies will pick you off easily if you let you're guard down. Run backwards regularly when not approaching a blind corner and Spy Check anyone suspicious.
The Engineer can be a godsend to players if they're losing quickly. Try your best to support any friendly Engineers that are building their nests by the center, taking out any Snipers on the roof tops or in the rooms that give said Snipers a nest for them to attack.
- The central area is a good place to setup a base with a Teleporter exit, allowing friendly team members to reach the JACK before the enemies do. This also allows your Sentry Gun to demolish any enemies if they're making a beeline for the JACK.
- Enemy Spies will target you and other friendly Engineers quickly if they see you and their Sentry Gun taking down their allies, constantly Spy check any suspicious "team mates" to prevent losing your Sentry Gun and Dispenser or being backstabbed.
- It's not just Spies that are after you, Snipers will take advantage of the upper rooms that overlook where the JACK spawns to potshot you or any other Engineers (said rooms are out of a Sentry Gun's kill range). Try and harass the Sniper (either wrangling the Sentry Gun to fire at the Sniper or inform your teammates that a Sniper is nearby).
- Building a teleporter from spawn to the JACK spawn is a surefire way of assisting your team (especially Scouts); however, DO NOT build it where Spies and Snipers can easily destroy it (try and build it somewhere secluded such as behind the large crates in the center of the map).
- Their are several effective locations on the map to place Sentry Guns:
- Defending: Placing a Sentry Gun behind the metal Fencing midway between any team's sector. Mini-Sentry Guns can easily protect this location as Scout carrying the JACK can be eliminated without much difficulty. This location can also protect your Sentry Gun from offending Snipers attempting to destroy your defense line.
- Attacking: Placing a Sentry Gun and a teleporter in the room where a large vertical jump pad leads to the roof. This is a common location for an attacking Engineer to bring his teammates closer towards the objective. However, make sure that their are other defending classes or Engineers to protect the goals before attempting this strategy. The best locations for the Sentry Gun and the teleporter are where the Medium medikit is located and atop the 2 stacked crates in respective order.
- When equipping the Gunslinger to construct Mini-Sentry Guns, combine it with a Shotgun/bullet-based weapons just in case attacking enemies may be able to breach your defense line. This will allow you to finish of enemies that have taken substantial damage from your Sentry Gun.
- Owing to the large amount of roofs and hidden areas, Snipers can be an ideal support for their teams.
- Learn to use the jump pads to get to the perch under the secret goals on the water towers, from which you may command the roof tops across the entire map.
- The 3-point goal is easier to access than in different maps, making it an easier location for well-practiced Scouts to aim the JACK. Skilled Scouts can also utilize these jump pads and manipulate their direction by air-strafing, allowing them to fly across your team's defenses without difficulty. Make sure their are other teammates defending the jump pads towards this goal as it can be a major game-changer.