Community Atoll strategy
|“Sun Tzu's got nothing on us!”
This article is a Community strategy stub. As such, it is not complete. You can help the Team Fortress Wiki Community Strategy Project by expanding it.
This article is about Community Atoll strategy.
- As usual for Team Fortress 2, teamwork is key, it's highly recommended to stick near your teammates, as venturing off will make you an easy target for infection.
- Sticking to high ground can help you spot zombies more easily and make it harder for zombies to get to you.
- If all is lost, you can hide out in the water though if you are the last human your weapon will emit a constant Critical glow.
- The Pyro is a good choice for crowd control as his Airblast can knock zombies off course giving your team more time to finish them off or run to safety.
- Airblast any zombies off of the rooftops
- As a Heavy you should stick near the Engineer on the rooftops and assist in keeping the roofs clear from any zombies.
- The Engineer is best suited to create a nest on one of the higher points in the map, it's advised to build a nest on top of the buildings near the lighthouse, the Sentry Gun will have a good overview of the area and can provide good defensive synergy with Heavy.
- Do keep in mind that Sentry Guns deal 60% less damage to all Zombies
- The Sniper wielding either the Huntsman or Fortified Compound will deal double damage to all Zombie types making the Sniper a good choice for picking off weaker targets.
- Prioritise picking off Sniper zombies as they can cause severe problems for your Engineer.
- Use your triple jump to get to high ground and also use it to make yourself harder to hit.
- Use your jump ability to get onto rooftops and attempt to cripple enemy defenses.
- You can also use the jump ability's stomp damage to try and pick off key targets, such as Medic.
- You can use yourself as bait for Sentry Guns, forcing them to shoot you while more mobile classes can attack the humans while they're distracted with you.
- It's a good idea to stick with your Heavy as it'll give you more time to line up your EMP grenade, making you more likely to hit a Sentry nest.
- However there is nothing wrong with just throwing it in a Sentry nest's general direction as dying while still having your EMP grenade, will cause a medium ammo box to drop.
- Use your ability to help with pushes.
- Your spit can damage enemy buildings and is an effective way of area denial, spit at large groups of enemies to force them to relocate.
- If the last human is hiding, you can use your ability to help your team locate them.