Community Venice strategy
|“Gotta move that gear up!”
This article may contain content that is out of date. You can help improve this article by updating the content as necessary. See the wiki style guide.
Notes: needs updating with layout change
|Community Venice strategy|
|Hazards:||Deadly waters, Payload Cart explosion|
This article is about Community Venice strategy.
Note: It is recommended to read the main Venice article first to become familiar with the names of key map locations used in this article.
- BLU’s main focus should be moving the cart as quickly and efficiently as possible, taking advantage of poorly monitored flank routes and abilitys such as Übercharge. RED, on the other hand, should be taking advantage of the various choke points littered throughout the map and patrolling the many flank routes to prevent BLU from slipping behind them and causing problems and distractions.
- Both teams should watch their backs. You never know when a Spy or Pyro will appear out of nowhere and catch you off guard.
Class Specific Strategies
- Take any unguarded flank routes and rush unsuspecting targets, making sure to get a couple of meatshots in to deal heavy damage.
- Crit-a-Cola can be used when there are a lot of enmities gathered in one spot. Be sure to have an escape plan, though, since you will be marked for death.
- The Beggars Bazooka is good for taking care of people in chokepoints. The 3 quickly fired rockets can cause massive damage, and it is very difficult to deflect all 3 rockets.
- It is recommended that you use a banner (preferably the Battalions Backup or the Buff Banner) to maximize damage output and effectiveness or to increase survivability during a push through a choke.
- Due to the high amounts of water on the map, you will not be able to rely on afterburn as much. Cause as much damage as possible, utilizing weapons such as the Flare Gun or melee weapons to kill your target before they can get to the water.
- Consider equipping the Homewrecker or Neon Annihilator if you have a few Engineers on your team to remove Sappers on their buildings. The Annihilator also crits wet enemies, so that function can be useful for catching someone who recently exited the water.
- There are various different flank routes on the map at your disposal. If they are not being watched, use them to your advantage.
- Set sticky traps in the chokes when on defense. This can shut down a push almost entirely if done correctly.
- Be sure to utilize the chokes and flanks to your advantage, setting traps and firing grenades down them.
- Think of yourself as a sentient Sentry Gun. Focus your fire dow main chokes, but turn around every once in a while to check on flank routes or for Spies and other members of the enemy team.
- The Natascha can be used to slow down an enemy escaping down a flank or hallway.
- When on offense, try to destroy any sentry nests you see along the way. Your survivability can be increased with a Medic or the Dalakohs Bar.
- On defense, place Sentry Guns in hard-to-reach places that can also cover a choke so that way it is more difficult to destroy them before they cumulate a decent amount of kills.
- If you want to play more aggressively, consider the Frontier Justice. If your sentry accumulated a decent number of kills, those crits will come in handy once the sentry is destroyed.
- On defense, your sentry will be one of the top targets of the offense. If you aren’t playing aggressively, equip the Rescue Ranger to heal your sentry from a distance and get it out of a pinch to a different location.
- Place your Dispensers around corners and under bridges (the latter is especially useful when on offense) so that way you and your team can retreat out of the line of fire of the enemy and recuperate.
- When on offense, the Medi Gun or the Vaccinator can be useful for taking out Engineer nests.
- The Kritzkrieg can be used to take out groups of enemys centered around a single point, such as a Dispenser or the cart.
- Try to get as many ÜberCharges deployed as possible.
- There aren’t very many good sightlines outside of the BLU spawn area, so take advantage of the few that are there and improvise when you can.
- Keep an ear out for footsteps and spycheck anything and anyone who gets near you. If you are worried about Spies, use the Razorback.
- Sap any and all enemy buildings you see, especially Sentry Guns and Dispensers. Be wary of the Engineer and any possible Pyros when doin this, however.
- Try to remove any other players that could pose a threat to your team, such as Medics and Snipers. Be wary, because they (especially the former) will most likely be around other players. Your Eternal Reward is good in these situations, but make sure you have decent cloak percentage in case you need to get away.