Community Suijin strategy
|“Sun Tzu's got nothing on us!”
This article is a Community strategy stub. As such, it is not complete. You can help the Team Fortress Wiki Community Strategy Project by expanding it.
Notes: Expand the "General strategy" section to cover map locations in more detail. Potentially look at the class-specific strategies as well.
|Community Suijin strategy|
|Map type||King of the Hill|
Kep "E-Arkham" Pump
Kevin "Ravidge" Brook
Maxime "Fubar" Duplis
|Health Kits:||×2 • ×5|
|Ammo Boxes:||×4 • ×7 • ×1|
This article is about Community Suijin strategy.
Note: It is recommended to read the main Suijin article first to become familiar with the names of key map locations used in this article.
- The map is filled with catwalks, allowing for quicker movement across the map.
- If you're taking a beating, retreat to the island on the side. This area is a low-traffic zone with two medium health packs - enough to heal you fully.
- There are many hiding spots in this map, such as the area concealed by trees, the area under the bridges, and the top of the roof above the point.
- Many health packs on this map are easily accessible to enemies. Be careful when trying to restore your health.
- If low on health, consider hiding under one of the bridges - enemies seldom look under them.
- The map focuses heavily on rooftop combat. Use rooftops as high ground to shoot down on enemies and make yourself difficult to hit.
- Clipping is on the map very lenient, so areas such as the Far Islands are accessible with enough momentum.
- Scouts can move quickly across the catwalks and harass enemies near their spawn.
- Mad Milk can be useful when attacking the Control point (objective). Throw it onto the point to douse defending enemies to improve your team’s survivability.
- Flanking play-styles that involve weapons such as the Back Scatter or Pretty Boy's Pocket Pistol are very effective on this map given the wealth of hidings spots and flank routes.
- Weapons that boost jump height, such as the Soda Popper, Winger, or Atomizer, can be useful for getting on top of the various buildings around the map.
- There are few good Sentry Gun spots other than near the Control point. While away from the point, you will seldom encounter an Engineer’s Sentry Gun. Consider equipping another Secondary weapon instead of the Bonk! Atomic Punch.
- Guarding the room above the capture point is a good way to take would-be attackers by surprise. You can easily reach this room by Jumping. Maintaining control of this room also allows you to spam the control point, preventing the enemy team from capturing and doing the same to your team.
- The Health Packs on this map are poorly positioned for a mobile Soldier, and there are none on the rooftops. Use Weapons such as the Black Box, Gunboats or Concheror if survival is a priority.
- Firing rockets onto the point is a good way to scatter the enemy - the cramped building surrounding the point makes it difficult for enemies to dodge the splash damage.
- Long sightlines and tall buildings can make dealing with Snipers, Soldiers, Demomen, and even Engineers, more difficult than usual. It is important to take flank routes, such as routes under the bridges or along the sides of the map, avoid these Classes whenever possible.
- Many points in the map, including inside the taller buildings, are large enough to allow for Detonator or Scorch Shot jumping. Many classes will not expect a Pyro to move in this fashion, and the nature of these buildings makes the lower height of the Detonator/Scorch Shot jump more advantageous than a typical rocket jump or sticky jump.
- One side of the map is lined with cliffs. Use this to your advantage and airblast enemies to their deaths.
- The Detonator and Scorch Shot can be fired onto the point through the side entrance of the building to harass enemies and force them to leave and find a health pack.
- The Neon Annihilator will gain guaranteed Critical hits when used in the water around the Control Point.
- The control point room is extremely small, making it a good place to lay sticky traps and fire grenades at - enemies will have a hard time dodging the splash damage. However, this means you are more likely to damage yourself as well.
- The Loose Cannon can be useful for knocking enemies off the cliffs on Suijin.
- Use your Blast Jumps in order to get to the roof faster. Be aware of the lack of Health packs, however. If trying to conserve health, take the designated (but longer) routes, or equip the Sticky Jumper.
- Long, narrow paths allow Demomen using the Splendid Screen or Chargin' Targe to easily trap enemies with their charges.
- Assist your team in capturing the point directly. You are very effective in the cramped Control Point; enemies will find it difficult to dodge your attacks.
- The long sightlines and high rooftops make you extremely vulnerable to Snipers and Spies. Use alternate routes, take cover to avoid taking damage, and check your back frequently.
- The health packs on this map are widely spread out and in positions difficult to access quickly or safely. You can greatly assist your team by giving them your Sandvich, Dalokohs Bar, or Second Banana as Health.
- A good vantage point for a sentry nest is on the second floor above the point. It provides good cover, and is difficult to destroy. However, be aware that you can still be ambushed from the windows.
- There are many places to hide a Teleporter Exit, so be sure to experiment with possible locations.
- There are few good Sentry Spots other than near the Control point. It may be a good idea to use the Combat Mini-Sentry that the Gunslinger provides - its expendable nature allows you to adapt to a quickly-changing environment.
- Medics should keep close to their team when attempting to capture - the more teammates die, the harder it will be to attack the point.
- Due to the lack of good Health pack spots, you can greatly benefit your team by healing them. This is especially true on the rooftops.
- Using the long sightlines can allow the Crusader's Crossbow to be of great use, both offensively and for healing.
- Watch out for Snipers and Spies - the long sightlines and numerous hiding spots make it easy for them to target you. Crouch and jump regularly to throw off Snipers’ aim, and check your back frequently.
- The map is filled with balconies, second floors, and general lookouts. This will give you many sniping spots to shoot from.
- Be aware that although all the catwalks give you lots of range, they also make you an easy target for other Snipers.
- The control point room is very small, making Jarate extremely effective at weakening multiple defenders.
- As always, make sure to avoid being snuck up on by closer range enemies.
- With all the catwalks and roofs you can easily ambush the enemy team from above.
- The second floor of the control point is a known defensive position for whichever team controls the point. Assist your team by harassing their position and destroying sentry nests.
- Snipers tend to position themselves on the rooftops to avoid enemy fire and will tend not to check their backs often. Take them down before they can kill your team's key players.